Windows 10: Microsoft Account Login Difficulty

Discus and support Microsoft Account Login Difficulty in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having major issues with putting in my password after prompted to do so for my account. I have been having trouble trying to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LaTanyaMitchell, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Microsoft Account Login Difficulty

Hello,

I have been having major issues with putting in my password after prompted to do so for my account. I have been having trouble trying to access my One Drive for my files. This is where I am instructed to sign in my account. Once I put in the email address and I am sent to the next screen I find that when I get ready to type my password the keyboard is disabled and I can press the keys put no information appears at all.

:)

LaTanyaMitchell, Jun 10, 2020

2. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Microsoft Account Login Difficulty

Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Account Login Difficulty

1. Microsoft Account Login Difficulty - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Login

2. Windows login difficulty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows login difficulty: I forgot my windows pin so I can't login. It was locked with my Microsoft account. I've tried several times to set up a new pin using my account but it keeps giving me error messages saying it's Microsofts fault while asking me to try again. This has been on over a day. Help...
  3. Windows login difficulty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows login difficulty: I forgot my windows pin so I can't login. It was locked with my Microsoft account. I've tried several times to set up a new pin using my account but it keeps giving me error messages saying it's Microsofts fault while asking me to try again. This has been on over a day. Help...
  4. Windows login difficulty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Difficulty retrieving Bitlocker key from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty retrieving Bitlocker key from Microsoft account: I went to retrieve a key from Microsoft.com account but it's been sitting with the circle spinning for the last 15 minutes. Is this normal? It shouldn't even take that long?...
  6. Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login: My password to Microsoft Account is not correct when I login using a different pc. Any suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login/712678ca-5059-47f4-8f28-b7e229bf6c60
  7. Microsoft Solitaire Difficulty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Solitaire Difficulty: I have the Microsoft Solitaire Free Collection. I cannot set the difficulty. When I go to options, there is not setting for difficulty. Yes, I have tried to scroll down, but there is nothing for difficulty. Thank you.Phil...
  8. Accounts And Passwords Difficulty

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accounts And Passwords Difficulty: I use a MS Account. I want Lock Screen and the MS Account to have different passwords and now understand that that's a problem. If I go to my account in Settings and click on "Sign in with a local account instead," what happens exactly? I used to have a Local Account and...
  9. Difficulty activating microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Difficulty activating microsoft: Hi, there I am hoping that someone out there is able to assist me. I have been trying to activate windows 10 pro on my pc and when I try to do so it is saying unable to connect to organization's activation server and the troubleshooting did not help either. I need this fixed...
  10. Microsoft Account Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Login: I am unable to manage my microsoft account via the Settings/Accounts/Your Info. I click on "manage my microsoft account" and the dialog box just shows a spinning circle and never stops unitl i cancel it out. I can log into my account if I go via a browser so my account...