Windows 10: Microsoft Account Login Error Code 0x80048820

Discus and support Microsoft Account Login Error Code 0x80048820 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, since yesterday I can not login into my microsoft account via my windows 10 pc. In the browser everything works fine. So what is happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VisualMachine, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Microsoft Account Login Error Code 0x80048820

Hello,

since yesterday I can not login into my microsoft account via my windows 10 pc.
    In the browser everything works fine. So what is happening exactly:

It started with the microsoft mail and calender app, where I have my outlook and gmail-accounts. Gmail works fine, but the outlook account

popped me a notice about updating my account information. After following the instructions:

1. enter my login-PIN >> 2. enter my outlook password >> 3. and here comes the following message:

Microsoft Account Login Error Code 0x80048820 ac472ce9-67bf-4401-9f20-d4989c159ea1?upload=true.jpg

Here i have two options: click on send feedback or cancel. By clicking cancel the window closes and nothing happens.

After clicking <send feedback> I get redirected to the app-store to install the feedback app.

Now here begins my self-destruction loop - when trying to install the feedback app, the app-store prompts me with the
    same login-procedure as for outlook with the result that I can never ever login again.

As this problem persisted, I tried to update the system to the newest 20H2 build.

I changed my password several times and logged-out and back in via the browser several times.

I enabled two-factor ahtentification through the microsoft authentificator app.

I ran sfc /scannow via admin-cmd, everything looks fine here.

Now I am at my wits end and this thread is my last hope. This is a big issue for me as I have bought apps through the
    app-store and xbox-live that I have no access to anymore.

Notice:

• The login to OneDrive via windows works fine, even after changing passwords several times.
    • Access to my mails on my smartphone works fine too. So it's definetly a windows issue.
    • Trying to login after enabling microsoft authentifactor the following happens >> verification time window runs out immediatly after
      entering the password. Even before authentification-prompt pops up on the smartphone.

:)

VisualMachine, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Sharief K Win User

Microsoft Account login is not opening

Hi,

• Are you able to login to the same account using web browser?
    • What is the exact error message?

I suggest you to reset the Microsoft account password once and check if it helps.

You can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope it helps.

Sharief K, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Cant Change Local Account to Microsoft Account - Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. I appreciate you for providing the detailed information of this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Are you able to login to computer using Microsoft account?
    • Do you get any error message or error codes?
    I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if you are able to login to Microsoft account.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key.
    • Click on Switch User.
    • Select the Microsoft account on the computer and try to logging in.
    Note: You may need internet connection to access the Microsoft account.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Microsoft Account Login Error Code 0x80048820

MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Account Login Error Code 0x80048820

1. Microsoft Account Login Error Code 0x80048820 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Login

2. Error Code 0x80048820 EVERY time I try to login or use microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80048820 EVERY time I try to login or use microsoft store: So every time I try and update games on microsoft store it gives me the error code 0x80048820, it also gives me this error whenever I try and edit my details in the windows settings. I've been trying to switch my computers default microsoft account after my old one was...
  3. Error Code 0x80048820 EVERY time I try to login or use microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0x80048820 EVERY time I try to login or use microsoft store: So every time I try and update games on microsoft store it gives me the error code 0x80048820, it also gives me this error whenever I try and edit my details in the windows settings. I've been trying to switch my computers default microsoft account after my old one was...
  4. Error Code 0x80048820 EVERY time I try to login or use microsoft store

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft account login error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login error: When I am logging in my laptop through this Microsoft account it is showing The user profile service faild the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. Also I have tried the method of rebooting it but when I press restart while holding shift the options of troubleshooting and...
  6. Microsoft account login error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account login error: When I am logging in my laptop through this Microsoft account it is showing The user profile service faild the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. Also I have tried the method of rebooting it but when I press restart while holding shift the options of troubleshooting and...
  7. That Microsoft account doesn't exist/ something went wrong 0x80048820

in Windows 10 Gaming
    That Microsoft account doesn't exist/ something went wrong 0x80048820: I have been using the same Microsoft account for both xbox and Microsoft office for years. I recently made a new email address that i have been using instead of the old one and decided to add it to my account as an "alias". Then i assigned the new email address as my...
  8. Error code 0x801901f4 - No login to Microsoft account possible on PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error code 0x801901f4 - No login to Microsoft account possible on PC: Hello I am new to the community due to a problem I was unable to fix until now sorry if I might tag my question with the wrong topic: I am working with a Windows 10 machine new PC, installed December 2019. All Microsoft updates are installed. I was working with...
  9. Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot login to Windows with Microsoft account - Store fails with error code: I have had problems with my user account since doing the 1903 upgrade. I am now using a Local Account linked to my C:/Users folder. It is stable but will not convert to a signed-in MS account, as I get a Store error every time I try to upgrade. this is from the log, after the...
  10. Microsoft account login error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account login error: Has been not able to login my Microsoft accounts on a single PC I had done fresh restart on my PC then I had removed my Gmail account and added my Outlook account and then I am not able to to remove any accounts no I am able to to remove the lock screen inward time I change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80048820

2. xbox error 0x80048820