Windows 10: Microsoft Account Login Loop in Apps

Discus and support Microsoft Account Login Loop in Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I try to log into my Microsoft account from Windows 10 Apps OneNote, Settings, Word, etc I get into a loop. After choosing my account I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Skinnix, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Skinnix Win User

Microsoft Account Login Loop in Apps

Every time I try to log into my Microsoft account from Windows 10 Apps OneNote, Settings, Word, etc I get into a loop. After choosing my account I need to enter a password. Entering the correct password shows "Please wait" and then just prompts me to enter my password again. Wrong passwords are detected correctly so communication with the login servers works.

I am using a local user account and do not want to convert it to a Microsoft account either. Is there any way to solve this issue without switching to an online account?

:)

Skinnix, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Apr 27, 2020
  3. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 27, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account Login Loop in Apps - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Login

2. Login loop when adding a Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login loop when adding a Microsoft account: Hi, I tried to add a Microsoft account but it kept looping. Here is the situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pkP_1WTy8Y. I've tried restarting my laptop, removing the PIN, creating new account, scanning sfc, turning on the "Require sign-in with Windows Hello for...
  3. Login loop when adding a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login loop when adding a Microsoft account: Hi, I tried to add a Microsoft account but it kept looping. Here is the situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pkP_1WTy8Y. I've tried restarting my laptop, removing the PIN, creating new account, scanning sfc, turning on the "Require sign-in with Windows Hello for...
  4. Login loop when adding a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft account login loop in Apps>Apps and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login loop in Apps>Apps and Features: Hi all,I have been running into a loop with my microsoft login at the Apps>Apps and Features page. When prompted to login it asks for my pin, I provide it, then it asks for my microsoft account email, I enter the same one associated with the laptop, and then it sends a code...
  6. Microsoft account login loop in Apps>Apps and Features

Microsoft account login loop in Apps>Apps and Features: Hi all,I have been running into a loop with my microsoft login at the Apps>Apps and Features page. When prompted to login it asks for my pin, I provide it, then it asks for my microsoft account email, I enter the same one associated with the laptop, and then it sends a code...
  7. Windows 10 - Endless login loop with Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - Endless login loop with Microsoft account: I have an endless login loop when trying to use my micrsoft linked account to login to windows 10.My account records the attempts as successful but I am returned to the login screen.Does anyone know how to resolve this?I have tried rebooting in safemode with networking. ->...
  8. Unable to Login to Microsoft Account on Apps

Unable to Login to Microsoft Account on Apps: I've been working with Techs all day through Support in regards to my issue. One of them went through and changed my login to be done by local account, with the intension of adding my Microsoft account back once I logged back in. Safe to say, that did not work and I am unable...
  9. Is there a way to not login with Microsoft account when I login on Xbox app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to not login with Microsoft account when I login on Xbox app?: So basically I'm trying to login in my Xbox account with the Xbox app on my PC, and that works of course the bad thing is that as soon as I login with my Microsoft account into Xbox, Microsoft automatically links my account to windows 10, when I first installed Windows 10 I...
  10. Can't Login to Microsoft Account via apps/no apps function

Can't Login to Microsoft Account via apps/no apps function: Hi, I have a brand new computer, an HP Probook. I have installed all of the updates. I am logged in to Microsoft apps via a local account. I was logged in using my Microsoft account, but when I clicked to "verify" nothing happened. Eventually I switched to a local account...