Windows 10: Microsoft account login password error

Discus and support Microsoft account login password error in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just got a new computer. I am unable to register this device with my Microsoft account or use it to log into Microsoft because while it accepts my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LauraTeo, Jan 5, 2019.

1. LauraTeo Win User

Microsoft account login password error

I just got a new computer. I am unable to register this device with my Microsoft account or use it to log into Microsoft because while it accepts my correct password at the first stage, it always claims my password is incorrect at the next stage when it prompts me to enter my password "one last time". I have made sure over dozen of tries that I am entering my password correctly, the same way, both times. I have changed my password to make absolute sure I know what it is.

I got to Settings > Accounts > Your Info > Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. First step, enter email address. Accepted. Second step, enter password. Accepted. Then, this prompt:

Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account
    Next time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account password or, if you've set it up, your PIN or Windows Hello.
    We'll need your current Windows password one last time.

The password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again.

No matter what I do, it always claims my correct password is incorrect. Please help!

:)

LauraTeo, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Sharief K Win User
    Sharief K, Jan 5, 2019
  3. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft account login password error - Similar Threads - Microsoft account login

2. Windows10 Login Error Microsoft Account Password Wrong Error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows10 Login Error Microsoft Account Password Wrong Error: Hi,I am unable to login to my Laptop using Microsoft Credentials. Every time I login it says " Other User : Password incorrect please reset... ".I have reset my password multiple times and also did a windows reset, but the problem still persists..Please help me with a...
  3. Windows10 Login Error Microsoft Account Password Wrong Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 Login Error Microsoft Account Password Wrong Error: Hi,I am unable to login to my Laptop using Microsoft Credentials. Every time I login it says " Other User : Password incorrect please reset... ".I have reset my password multiple times and also did a windows reset, but the problem still persists..Please help me with a...
  4. Windows10 Login Error Microsoft Account Password Wrong Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft account login error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login error: When I am logging in my laptop through this Microsoft account it is showing The user profile service faild the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. Also I have tried the method of rebooting it but when I press restart while holding shift the options of troubleshooting and...
  6. Microsoft account login error

Microsoft account login error: When I am logging in my laptop through this Microsoft account it is showing The user profile service faild the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. Also I have tried the method of rebooting it but when I press restart while holding shift the options of troubleshooting and...
  7. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  8. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  9. Microsoft account login error

Microsoft account login error: Has been not able to login my Microsoft accounts on a single PC I had done fresh restart on my PC then I had removed my Gmail account and added my Outlook account and then I am not able to to remove any accounts no I am able to to remove the lock screen inward time I change...
  10. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign into this computer using your microsoft accountnext time you sign into this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if youve set it up.well need your current windows password one last time.

2. next time you sign into this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if youve set it up.well need your current windows password one last time.

3. well need your current windows password one last time.

4. next time you sign in to this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if you’ve set it up.we’ll need your current windows password one last time.,
  5. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account Next time you sign into this computer use your Microsoft account password or Windows Hello if youve set it up. Well need your current Windows password one last time.,
  6. well need your current windows password,
  7. we’ll need your current windows password one last time.,
  8. Well need your current Windows password one last time.The password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again.,
  9. your microsoft accountnext time you sign into this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if youve set it up.well need your current windows password one last time.,
  10. microsoft need password error,
  11. Next time you sign into this computer use your Microsoft account password or Windows Hello if youve set it up. Well need your current Windows password one last time.,
  12. next time you sign into this computer use your microsoft account password or windows hello if youve set it up.well need your current windows password one last time.the password you entered for your device is incorrect. please try again.,
  13. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account Next time you sign into this computer use your Microsoft account password or Windows Hello if youve set it up. Well need your current Windows password one last time. The password you entered fo,
  14. Sign into this computer using your Microsoft accountNext time you sign into this computer use your,
  15. Next time you sign into this computer use your Microsoft account password or Windows Hello if youve set it up.