Windows 10: Microsoft Account login password incorrect

Discus and support Microsoft Account login password incorrect in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Roz Jones, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Roz Jones Win User

Microsoft Account login password incorrect

I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the password to confirm this, I keep getting the message that my password is incorrect. I've tried my current password and my previous password, and the password i used when i set up the machine. But none are correct.What can i do, as i don't want to restart my laptop if i can't sign in again after.Roz

:)

Roz Jones, Dec 29, 2021

2. Microsoft Account Password Incorrect!

Thanks for your reply.

Like I said in the post before, I did not set up two-step verification. After the hard reset, when the account did not sync due to 'incorrect password', I tried to set it up and then accessed the MS Account with the app password but it still declared the
    password incorrect. I immediately turned off two-step.

Need help,

Sucharita.

Sucharita De, Dec 29, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Dec 29, 2021
  4. donnyb Win User

No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account login password incorrect - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account login

2. Troubleshooting login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting login password incorrect: Hey i had the problem where my PIN wasn't working so I tried troubleshooting and whenever I try troubleshoot like start repair or command prompt it tells me to enter my password for account but when I do it says password is incorrect for no reason any help?...
  3. Troubleshooting login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting login password incorrect: Hey i had the problem where my PIN wasn't working so I tried troubleshooting and whenever I try troubleshoot like start repair or command prompt it tells me to enter my password for account but when I do it says password is incorrect for no reason any help?...
  4. Troubleshooting login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Login Incorrect Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Login Incorrect Password: Weirdest thing happened to me this morning. Woke up and found that I'm unable to login to my laptop even with the correct password. All the other login options also disappeared (fingerprint & PIN). Fortunately I was able to change my password using another admin account in...
  6. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  7. Incorrect Password Using a Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect Password Using a Microsoft Account: I use a Microsoft account for my WIndows 10. I have confirmed that my password is correct by logging in to by Microsoft account online. However, when I wish to change my password locally, Windows still tell me that my password is incorrect. Seems like my local password is...
  8. Login password suddenly incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login password suddenly incorrect: My little brother's computer does not allow him to login with the password anymore for some reason and i'm trying to figure it out why. What i am confident on is that we're typing in the correct password and that this occured sometime on friday. With that said though, is...
  9. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...
  10. Unable to login to PC account. Password Incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to login to PC account. Password Incorrect: Long story. When I converted my W7 system to W10 I used an MS account from when I had an MSDN subscription and I was using for Skype, however, I caught out when using the system builds with windows trying to send an email to the address which was no longer valid....