Windows 10: Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

Discus and support Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently logged into a Local Account on my PC, and am unable to get back to my other account. When I go to Setting > Account > Your... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MattyVOT, Feb 17, 2021.

1. MattyVOT Win User

Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

Hello,

I am currently logged into a Local Account on my PC, and am unable to get back to my other account. When I go to Setting > Account > Your Info and select "Sign in whit a Microsoft account instead" a grey "Microsoft account" window pops up and closes instantly, before I can click/confirm anything on the window. This also happens in the Microsoft Store- I choose an account to sign in to, click Continue, and a grey window will appear and vanish without logging me in.

Thank you in advance for any help!

:)

MattyVOT, Feb 17, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

[Tip] Automatic Login to Windows and Instantly lock the computer.

Problem: You like to leave XYZ program running 24/7, but XYZ program only starts when you log into the computer(XYZ can be whatever program you want). So when automatic updates hit and auto-restart your computer, the XYZ program doesn't start back up. You could not put a password on your user account, so the computer automatically logs onto your user account when it reboots, but that is insecure, and if you have nosy roommates/children/super intelligent monkeys, if there is no password they might get on your computer and find your huge collection of por...legally obtained songs...
    Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes Shifty_Eyes_Emoticon_by_Canaan1.gif

Solution: Set Windows to automatically log into a password protected user account, and then instantly lock the computer.*Rockout :rockout: Here's how:

• I'm going to assume you already have your user account password protected. If not, setup a password for your user account now...I'll wait...ok, moving on.
    • In the Run dialog type "control userpasswords2" without quotes. Then press OK.

Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes autologin1.png
    • In the User Accounts window uncheck the box for "Users must enter a password to use this computer." Press OK.

Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes autologin2.png
    • In the Automatically Log On window enter your username and password. Press OK.

Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes autologin3.png
    • Open Notepad and type "rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkstation" without quotes.

Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes autologin4.png
    • Save the text document as lock.bat. Make sure you change Save as type: from *.txt to *.*!

Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes autologin5.png
    • Drag lock.bat into your Startup folder.

Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes autologin6.png
    That is it. Now when the computer is rebooted it will automatically log in to your account, load any programs you want started, and lock the computer so a password is still required to use it.*Toast :toast:

A few notes:
    • If you change the password for your user account, it will break the auto login. You will have to go back into control userpasswords2 and re-enter your login information.
    • This should work with any recent version of Windows, I've tested it back to at least XP. You shouldn't be using anything older than that anyway.
    • I've tested this with Win7 and Vista Home Premium and up. It should work on Home Basic and Starter as well, and it should work on XP Home, but I haven't tested this personally. The lower versions of Windows might not have the Control Userpasswords2 ability.
    • This works with Server versions of Windows also.

newtekie1, Feb 17, 2021
  3. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Help Removing Microsoft Account login

I am not sure if you want to switch to a local account instead of your Microsoft account, or if you want to keep your Microsoft account but login automatically instead of having to type the password.

See these tutorials:

Thema:

1. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Login

2. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes: It happens when signing in to my account through settings, and through the microsoft store. I already tried a clean boot, restoring to a few days ago, updating, and doing the following commands in CMD with administrator sfc /scannow Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image...
  3. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes: It happens when signing in to my account through settings, and through the microsoft store. I already tried a clean boot, restoring to a few days ago, updating, and doing the following commands in CMD with administrator sfc /scannow Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image...
  4. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes: It doesn't let me connect to my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login-pop-up-window-instantly/1d58733f-269a-444b-b931-f9cfb0bffa00
  5. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes: It doesn't let me connect to my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login-pop-up-window-instantly/1d58733f-269a-444b-b931-f9cfb0bffa00
  6. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes: Hello, I am currently logged into a Local Account on my PC, and am unable to get back to my other account. When I go to Setting > Account > Access work or school and select " Connect " a grey "Microsoft account" window pops up and closes instantly...
  8. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes: Hello, I am currently logged into a Local Account on my PC, and am unable to get back to my other account. When I go to Setting > Account > Access work or school and select " Connect " a grey "Microsoft account" window pops up and closes instantly...
  9. Microsoft Account Login pop up window instantly closes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Window popping up and closing instantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window popping up and closing instantly: Every now and then i get a small window that pops up in middle of my screen and closes. It closes very quickly so i'm never able to check what's the name of application, it started very recently but i also installed a lot of applications so i'm not sure whether it's one of...