Windows 10: Microsoft account logon problem

Discus and support Microsoft account logon problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Used my laptop on Friday no problem, but today when I tried logging on it said it was an incorrect password. I double checked e-mail and password, Caps... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DougGow, Dec 6, 2020.

1. DougGow Win User

Microsoft account logon problem

Used my laptop on Friday no problem, but today when I tried logging on it said it was an incorrect password. I double checked e-mail and password, Caps Lock was off and language was EN. Went onto my ipad and had no difficulty accessing my Microsoft account, so whilst on there I changed my password, but I am still unable to logon on my laptop. Any ideas?

:)

DougGow, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Microsoft Live logon requirement

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you referring to Microsoft User account by saying Microsoft Live logon?
    • Have you created any Microsoft User account on your PC?

If you don’t want to use Microsoft User account, you may use local User account for log-in. To do so, kindly follow the below given link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

to automatically log-on, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.
    • Type netplwiz into the Run bar and hit Enter.
    • Select the User account you are using under the User tab.
    • Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checkbox and click on
      Apply.
    • Sign-out and sign-in again to check if issue persist.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft account logon problem

Microsoft Account Logon

I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I previously had two Windows accounts; my Microsoft Account and a Local Account.
    I decided to only use the Microsoft Account and deleted the Local Account (at least I thought I deleted it).
    I have the computer set up to bypass the logon screen, however, when I restart the computer the logon screen shown no picture; "George", and says “The user name or password is incorrect. Try again.” When I click OK, it shows two logon options in the
    bottom left corner; one for my Microsoft Account (showing my picture and "George Adams", and one below it with no picture for "George", which I presume is a Local Account.
    Apparently there is something in the Registry that shows that a Local Account still exists.
    How do I get this Local Account completely deleted so the logon will only recognize my Microsoft Account?

gtadamsesq001, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft account logon problem

1. Microsoft account logon problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft account logon

2. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  3. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  4. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Logon problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logon problem: My wife's Lenovo Thinkpad just updated Windows and now demands a log-on password. She had previously set it to no password-what should she do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logon-problem/ab3bc1c5-389b-4241-9ece-a551d1587ec2
  6. Clipboard logon problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clipboard logon problem: Why does Clipboard sign on ask for Microsoft account and then after clicking there it shows Facebook account request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clipboard-logon-problem/9159f4e0-5760-4fe6-ab55-02b9c3126671"
  7. Logon Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logon Problem: Here is my dilemma: I am running Win 10 Home. At first I had on my Lockscreen Windows Spotlight. But it also had a message from Microsoft to join Rewards. Even though I turned off all notifications, it still showed up and as soon as I was logged on, it would take me to MS...
  8. changing logon account

changing logon account: Hi my laptop currently signs in with an @Hotmail email account and password, I want to change this to a different @Hotmail account but it seems I need to change it to a "local" account first. What is a "local" account? Can I have two laptop logon to the same...
  9. Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon

Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon: Hello new to these forums and to Windows 10 in general - Windows 7 reasonably OK with. I bought a new laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit, and the initial setup left me with my Microsoft account and password as my sign in and my User folder as the first 5 letters of my...
  10. Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?: So we setup a MS account for my daughter, using her email address, but accidentally put in my birthdate so it got created as an adult account. This means I can't add the account to my "Family" so I can setup parental controls. According to Microsoft, there is no way to change...