Windows 10: Microsoft account messed when Windows got installed

Discus and support Microsoft account messed when Windows got installed in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've done something wrong when performing this fresh installation of Windows 10. I did not want to use my main Microsoft account alias because it would... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Leo Carmo Again, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Microsoft account messed when Windows got installed

I've done something wrong when performing this fresh installation of Windows 10. I did not want to use my main Microsoft account alias because it would cause the user folder to have a weird five-chars name which would not be renamable afterwards. So I used a bogus e-mail address because I also did not find, in the installation interface, the option to continue with a local account and then switch to my Microsoft account.

So the e-mail I used was myfakeemail@provider. At some point, it asked me to verify my account, but it was impossible, because that e-mail address doesn't exist.

So I used a secondary, now valid e-mail address I have (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***), which is not the one I used for my Microsoft account. This one could be verified.

Then I went to the Settings app to manage my account and finally switch to my true e-mail address which was always used as my Microsoft account. It appears to have worked: I see "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" and my photo, but on the login screen I still see "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***".

There are four problems I've come across so far because of this:
    1. I can't autologon to Windows with my main account "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***";
    2. I can't partake in beta testing for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition because I can't login to the closed beta forum, nor can I use anything X-box-app related.
    3. When managing my Microsoft account, I see only "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" as my main alias, which I cannot remove because I haven't added another one to take its place. When I try adding "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***", it says it's already being used, and tells me to pick another one.
    4. I can't use my real identity to post in this community.

Please help!

:)

Leo Carmo Again, Oct 17, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft account messed when Windows got installed :(

Zakin, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Microsoft account messed when Windows got installed

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft account messed when Windows got installed

1. Microsoft account messed when Windows got installed - Similar Threads - Microsoft account messed

2. my computer got messed up when opening a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer got messed up when opening a game: When i open certain games Exp.valorant my computers graphics drop and everything gets resized, like applications getting bigger or when i open games they are smaller, this goes on till i close the game but i opened Star Wars The Old Republic, and when closed it, it didnt fix...
  3. Microsoft Account got hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account got hacked: I was watching my settings and i noticed that now my microsoft email is an email that ends in mcmfa.email.I want to change the email, how can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-got-hacked/6af08718-2d82-48ba-978e-117e6fd95719
  4. Microsoft Account got hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account got hacked: I was watching my settings and i noticed that now my microsoft email is an email that ends in mcmfa.email.I want to change the email, how can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-got-hacked/6af08718-2d82-48ba-978e-117e6fd95719
  5. windows colors got messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows colors got messed up: [IMG] this is the properties tab. plz help me to revert it back to its original color https://preview.redd.it/je78ao74fx261.png?width=494&format=png&auto=webp&s=0a383cbb9bcfae4ddf6c375830392320edc1e106 submitted by /u/shashvat2003 [link] [comments]...
  6. In a Mess with Microsoft Accounts!

in Windows 10 Customization
    In a Mess with Microsoft Accounts!: - New computer - Knew I had an account with my company email that I didn't want to use on this unit. - At setup, used my mobile phone number as login because it said my personal email was already in use, NOT my company email - New computer now has my account with phone...
  7. Microsoft Account Mess

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Mess: Problem is best described by listing the sequence of events: 1. I go to link for a free download in Microsoft Store. 2. Click "Get" for the item, and am asked for my Microsoft Live ID and password, which I enter correctly. 3. Store now tells me I need to Setup Windows...
  8. Microsoft Account Confused Mess

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account Confused Mess: When I attempt to download an app from the Microsoft Store it requires me to sign in with my Microsoft account. My account was originally set up with a bellsouth.net email in Outlook. I've fired AT&T who absorbed Bellsouth due to horrendous email service and I no longer use...
  9. Microsoft Account Totally Messed Up.

Microsoft Account Totally Messed Up.: I continually get cards saying my account needs fixing. When I try to go through the procedure it says it has sent me an email to verify my account. It never arrives. Email is correct. There are so many problems with my MS accounts I can neither sign in from another computer...
  10. Audio got messed up.

Audio got messed up.: In my PC, whenever I plug in my headphones and such, a pop - up appears. It's "Realtek HD audio" or something. Here you can check if your headset/speaker is working and such. So once I plugged in my headset, but I didn't close the popup, and went to the toilet. When I got...