Windows 10: Microsoft Account name not showing in settings window

Discus and support Microsoft Account name not showing in settings window in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So i'm having a rather weird problem. I recently made a Microsoft account but when i switch from my Local account to the Microsoft account, in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mikey89, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Mikey89 Win User

Microsoft Account name not showing in settings window

So i'm having a rather weird problem.

I recently made a Microsoft account but when i switch from my Local account to the Microsoft account, in settings my email doesn't appear in the above left corner in the window just as my name appears on the local account.

On the settings window it's blank and just shows as "Microsoft Account" but no name or email showing.

Anyone know what the problem is ?

:)

Mikey89, Apr 9, 2021

2. Microsoft account name change not working on laptop

Hi Nathan,

There might be some conflicts on the settings of your PC and your Microsoft account. We would like to ask some questions for clarification:

• Did you follow the steps provided on this
      article
      to change the name of your Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried checking if there available updates for your Windows 10?
    • When you said that "when I log on to my laptop the user account is still showing the old name", are you referring on the sign-in screen name?
    Regards.

Nathaniel Mon, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Microsoft Account name not showing in settings window

While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Account name not showing in settings window

1. Microsoft Account name not showing in settings window - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account name

2. Account name not same with microsoft name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account name not same with microsoft name: My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name-not-same-with-microsoft-name/c3d0a0a4-f474-4d83-b3f9-6a24ac0a939d
  3. Account name not same with microsoft name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account name not same with microsoft name: My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name-not-same-with-microsoft-name/c3d0a0a4-f474-4d83-b3f9-6a24ac0a939d
  4. My Microsoft Account keeps showing an old name which it shows as invalid.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Account keeps showing an old name which it shows as invalid.: Everytime I attempt to sign on To my Microsoft Account it shows an account name which it then says is Invalid - does not exist. I have set up a new account. When I go to access it keeps reverting to the invalid name...
  5. Showing different name on my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Showing different name on my Microsoft Account: Hi, I’ve installed Microsoft Visual Studio on my laptop and to my surprise upon signing in, it is showing a different name Patrica Marie Jose Maderazo - a name I haven’t heard before. I tried changing it earlier but when I logged in again after 2 hrs in microsoft to verify,...
  6. Windows 10 Settings Header not showing Account name and Picture.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Header not showing Account name and Picture.: Hello, after 20H2 update the new settings header appeared, but it does not show my account name / picture. Any clue how to fix this? Im signed in with my Microsoft account. I even tried to create local account and switching back to Microsoft account but nothing.. [ATTACH]...
  7. USERS FOLDER Shows old name of Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    USERS FOLDER Shows old name of Microsoft Account: I've checked everywhere, there was an old post relating to my problem but has been archived since 2012 ...I've tried everything it was suggested with no luck! I'm running win 10 Home with all recent updates, PC is running good no problem whatsoever other than old account that...
  8. Microsoft Account name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account name: My microsoft account name is an email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I can find nowhere to change this. This email account is going away. Does it matter if my Microsoft Account name is a live email address? Phone number is not an option. I understand...
  9. MIcrosoft account name

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MIcrosoft account name: When I installed windows 10 on my computer at work I used my work email address for my Microsoft account - Personal. The institution that I work at subsequently offered all employees Microsoft Office 365 pro when they moved their email system over to use MIcrosoft....
  10. Setting - Account - Change Name showing on screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting - Account - Change Name showing on screen: I bought this laptop. When it arrived the seller had set the screen name as TEST. I want to change that. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-account-change-name-showing-on-screen/d2fca70f-dd7d-4e4a-939c-b8fbdcc8d222"