Windows 10: MIcrosoft account name

Discus and support MIcrosoft account name in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I installed windows 10 on my computer at work I used my work email address for my Microsoft account - Personal. The institution that I work at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LabmanNYC, Dec 23, 2019.

1. LabmanNYC Win User

MIcrosoft account name

When I installed windows 10 on my computer at work I used my work email address for my Microsoft account - Personal. The institution that I work at subsequently offered all employees Microsoft Office 365 pro when they moved their email system over to use MIcrosoft. Unfortunately, in doing so my work email address is now also linked to the Microsoft Office 365 - Business account.

I would like to be able to delete the Personal account but since it is tied to my computer's Windows 10 OS I don't believe I should or even can.

I was hoping to rename it to match my home computer's MIcrosoft account name, since it is different that my work email but it says the email is already in use by me of course.

How can I resolve this?

:)

LabmanNYC, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Dec 23, 2019
  4. MIcrosoft account name

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

MIcrosoft account name

1. MIcrosoft account name - Similar Threads - MIcrosoft account name

2. Account name not same with microsoft name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account name not same with microsoft name: My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name-not-same-with-microsoft-name/c3d0a0a4-f474-4d83-b3f9-6a24ac0a939d
  3. Account name not same with microsoft name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account name not same with microsoft name: My account name is different compare to windows name: For example my account name is ronoazoro but my windows account is 45001. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name-not-same-with-microsoft-name/c3d0a0a4-f474-4d83-b3f9-6a24ac0a939d
  4. what is the name of the microsoft account for this computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the name of the microsoft account for this computer: I can't remember hich account i used to set up windows on this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-name-of-the-microsoft-account-for-this/ed65b646-eb8e-44b9-a810-01878b32f67d
  5. Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly: Before I took my 2 hours break, I let my PC as it is. When I got back, I had to log in before I was able to access desktop as usual.It shocked me when I saw that my username had been changed to "Gilang Putra". I immediately checked to the Microsoft website to see if there was...
  6. Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly: Before I took my 2 hours break, I let my PC as it is. When I got back, I had to log in before I was able to access desktop as usual.It shocked me when I saw that my username had been changed to "Gilang Putra". I immediately checked to the Microsoft website to see if there was...
  7. Change account name associated with Microsoft account

Change account name associated with Microsoft account: I just bought a new Dell XPS and when I signed in, I noticed the user path it gave me was "andre". I think I remember seeing this on my previous laptop, but I don't remember how I fixed it. My microsoft account is under Andrew *Last Name* and my associated email is...
  8. Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?: I just installed Windows 10 on a workstation on my network there are many computers on this internal network. Since this network is secure and I'm the only employee... the same username and password is used on all systems... mine. This makes it very simple to use the...
  9. Microsoft Account name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account name: My microsoft account name is an email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I can find nowhere to change this. This email account is going away. Does it matter if my Microsoft Account name is a live email address? Phone number is not an option. I understand...
  10. how to change the name of a Microsoft account

how to change the name of a Microsoft account: how to change the name of a Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-of-a-microsoft-account/829f73d5-b7a8-4fea-be12-36b45befaaa7