Windows 10: Microsoft Account no longer showing balance, for myself & family members

Discus and support Microsoft Account no longer showing balance, for myself & family members in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Previously (has been 6-8 months since I've checked) the Microsoft Account (via web browser) showed my account balance, and that of family members,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ChrisLee_00, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Microsoft Account no longer showing balance, for myself & family members

Previously (has been 6-8 months since I've checked) the Microsoft Account (via web browser) showed my account balance, and that of family members, under Spending. It also allowed me to add money to family members.

Have been trying over the last few days to add money to a family member - there is no balance under my account or any family members account, and no option to add money (where there was previously). No indication of an error, credit card is up-to-date and unchanged - nothing obviously wrong.

Thoughts on why this may be?

:)

ChrisLee_00, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Family member accepted invite to family, but does not show in parent account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

Have you verified the date of birth you setup for these child accounts?

If you have not setup their date of birth properly on
    https://account.live.com/
    , we suggest you login your children's account and apply the complete details and update the account. After updating the profile information, remove and re-add the child account on the Family Safety
    website.

Please follow these steps on how to remove a child and re-add it as a member of your Family Safety program.

To remove a member, follow these steps:
    1. Log in to
    https://fss.live.com

2. Click Remove a family member.

3. Select the member you want to remove by selecting the checkbox on the right of each member.

4. Click Remove, confirm it by clicking Remove again.

To add the member again, follow these:

1. Click Add a new child.

2. You will be asked to sign in the member you want to add. Click Sign in at the right side of the option "Does this child has a Windows Live ID?"

3. Sign in using the child account. After entering the child account, it should appear as the member.

Reference:
    Keep your kids safer on the PC

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/add-child-account

Hope this helps. Get back to us if the issue persist. We are happy to help.

Swathi Ravichandran, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Microsoft Account no longer showing balance, for myself & family members

Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Account no longer showing balance, for myself & family members

1. Microsoft Account no longer showing balance, for myself & family members - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account longer

2. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  3. Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add my wife account as family member to my Microsoft family: I have recently created a family of myself and my duaghter . My wife had already another "family" with her account and my other's daughter account. Currently we are not able to unify/consolidate all four accounts 2 adults + 2 kids to one Microsoft family.I tried to invvite my...
  4. Why are family member accounts not showing at login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are family member accounts not showing at login screen?: I was having issues with a driver on my Dell G3 15 3500 laptop and decided to reset the PC removed all applications and data. After reset, I am the only account who can log into the laptop. My family has been added via "Accounts>Family and other users" and I see the accounts...
  5. Why are family member accounts not showing at login screen?

Why are family member accounts not showing at login screen?: I was having issues with a driver on my Dell G3 15 3500 laptop and decided to reset the PC removed all applications and data. After reset, I am the only account who can log into the laptop. My family has been added via "Accounts>Family and other users" and I see the accounts...
  6. Adding money to family member's microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding money to family member's microsoft account: Hi,Getting error while "Add money to your family member's Microsoft account" - Contact us at Microsoft supportWe’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more infoContact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...
  7. Adding money to family member's microsoft account

Adding money to family member's microsoft account: Hi,Getting error while "Add money to your family member's Microsoft account" - Contact us at Microsoft supportWe’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more infoContact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...
  8. Problem with family member account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problem with family member account: I have the following message on a child family members account Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device LAPTOP-%%%%%%5 for family features to work. The fix it says it to start, settings, accounts, family and other people under your family, select...
  9. Family Member not showing

Family Member not showing: Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been having real trouble with my Microsoft account today. I have added myself a new account as i have a new email address. I wanted to allow my daughter to use the laptop and tried to add her as a user, so that when it turned...
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...