Windows 10: Microsoft account not recognised

Discus and support Microsoft account not recognised in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, My daughter's computer Windows 10, S mode recently said something about updates that it could not do sorry about the lack of detail- all very... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RichardBache, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Microsoft account not recognised

Hello,

My daughter's computer Windows 10, S mode recently said something about updates that it could not do sorry about the lack of detail- all very second hand information!. My wife decided to restart the computer and now we are confronted with the sign-in screen that states that her account does not exist. When I try to create a new one it says I cannot use the old name, as that is already in use !. When I add a new account I am then invited to add a PIN to the computer, which it then declares it cannot do, and therefore I am redirected to the first login page, where it tells me the original account is not recognised! Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Richard

:)

RichardBache, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Addie Win User

Microsoft account not recognised

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft account not recognised

1. Microsoft account not recognised - Similar Threads - Microsoft account recognised

2. microsoft doesnt recognise my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft doesnt recognise my account: I can no longer access my microsoft account on my computer. When I try and sign into my account it tells me that my account doesnt exist. However I can still sign into microsoft website with my email and password. not sure what to do. much appreciated RegardsFiachra...
  3. microsoft doesnt recognise my account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft doesnt recognise my account: I can no longer access my microsoft account on my computer. When I try and sign into my account it tells me that my account doesnt exist. However I can still sign into microsoft website with my email and password. not sure what to do. much appreciated RegardsFiachra...
  4. microsoft doesnt recognise my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Signing into windows - go daddy microsoft account not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signing into windows - go daddy microsoft account not recognised: I recently purchased a domain name, email address and business professional package includes Microsoft office apps and I can log into Microsoft 365 from godaddy.comI bought a new laptop and when I tried to set up my new laptop with my new email address, I get the message...
  6. Signing into windows - go daddy microsoft account not recognised

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing into windows - go daddy microsoft account not recognised: I recently purchased a domain name, email address and business professional package includes Microsoft office apps and I can log into Microsoft 365 from godaddy.comI bought a new laptop and when I tried to set up my new laptop with my new email address, I get the message...
  7. Microsoft Mail App won't recognise my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Mail App won't recognise my account: My email address is from NTL world days and Microsoft app on laptop will not recognise it, please help!! I would like to use the app as if I use my account online i am getting constant spam mail....
  8. Microsoft doesnot recognise my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft doesnot recognise my account.: I have purchased surface pro 7 and when i am adding my email and password it doesn't recognise it. AADSTS50020. I have MS 365 home edition. Regards,...
  9. Account name not recognised

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Account name not recognised: I have a 365 Business Standard account through my company. Microsoft recognize my email good enough to log into this forum but when I try to use it to set up a new laptop it says 'That Microsoft account doesn't exist'......
  10. device doesn't recognise Microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    device doesn't recognise Microsoft account password: Hello! My Windows 10 laptop, which is linked to my Microsoft account, stopped recognising my password. I tried resetting password but it did not help. What steps should I take to sign in?...