Windows 10: Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence

Discus and support Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had a notebook with local users and a copy of Windows 10 Pro activated. So I decided change the local user into a Microsoft Account to link my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mxsimpson, Sep 19, 2016.

1. mxsimpson Win User

Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence

I had a notebook with local users and a copy of Windows 10 Pro activated. So I decided change the local user into a Microsoft Account to link my license with my MSA.
    On the device it's allright, now teh activitaion tab shows "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". But my MSA doesn't list this device in devices list. I have other devices activated that are listed, but not this one.
    Anyone know what's happening? Why my device is not listed in MSA?

:)

mxsimpson, Sep 19, 2016
  2. HSWatson Win User

Accidentally Deleted Linked Windows 10 Device

I wanted to install Windows 10 on a new laptop. My Windows 10 licence is linked to my Microsoft account and I thought I needed to remove the device in order to use the licence on a new device. As a result, I removed the old device both from my Microsoft
    account and my Microsoft Store account. Now when I attempted to activate Windows 10 on the new device, it told me no licence was linked to my Microsoft account. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and was therefore not provided with a product key. I
    wonder whether there is any way to recover my Windows 10 licence?

Thank you very much for your help.

HSWatson, Sep 19, 2016
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Creators update enforces login.live.com?

Armin,

This is a bit of a shot in the dark but does Settings, Updates, Activation show that you are activated ...

• with a digital licence
    or

• with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft Account?

If it is linked to your Microsoft Account then perhaps that is the reason you need to be signed in for updates.

[there's a bit more info in
    How to re-install Windows 10 without a product key (Digital License / Entitlement)
    ]

Denis

Tryx3, Sep 19, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence

1. Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account showing

2. I redeemed the microsoft licence to a wrong account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I redeemed the microsoft licence to a wrong account: By error, I redeemed the microsoft licence to another account, how can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-redeemed-the-microsoft-licence-to-a-wrong/a59ed757-9fd0-4a2c-b6ca-4616da209ef1
  3. I redeemed the microsoft licence to a wrong account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I redeemed the microsoft licence to a wrong account: By error, I redeemed the microsoft licence to another account, how can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-redeemed-the-microsoft-licence-to-a-wrong/a59ed757-9fd0-4a2c-b6ca-4616da209ef1
  4. Permanently remove licence from microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Permanently remove licence from microsoft account: I would like to know how to remove a microsoft licence from the microsoft account to not be associated.I tried to remove my MS account with a local user and remove the device from the account but when when I register again in the computer with my MS account it says that I...
  5. Windows 10 licence in Microsoft Account

Windows 10 licence in Microsoft Account: I used to use a laptop which I bought with Windows built-in. After I bought it, I matched Windows licence built-in the laptop with my Microsoft account. The windows licence sticker under the laptop is not in its place anymore. Today, I have changed my laptop with newer and...
  6. Transferring digital licence to another microsoft account

Transferring digital licence to another microsoft account: I bought a new laptop yesterday. The seller installed windows 10 I bought the license in the shop. However, they used my mother's details and created a new microsoft account, while I was out and I didn't know that now windows requires microsoft account during first setup. I...
  7. Licence not linked to Microsoft Account

Licence not linked to Microsoft Account: I got my Mum a new PC to replace her current one as it's been having some hardware issues. I changed her from a local account login to using her outlook.com account and that's fine but it doesn't seem to have linked her licence with her MS account, as when I login with her...
  8. Problem to link my Microsoft account to my Windows 10 licence

Problem to link my Microsoft account to my Windows 10 licence: Hi I am having trouble to link my Windows 10 licence to my Microsoft account. The licence is activated with a digital licence, but not linked to my Microsoft account it says. To be clear. I have achieved nr 1, but I want nr 2. 1: " Windows is activated with a digital...
  9. Windows 10 Microsoft Licence

Windows 10 Microsoft Licence: Hey all! So, I've been looking for a new laptop and found this one. https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/NBKLEN14514/Lenovo-Ideapad-S145-Laptop-156-AMD-A9-9425-8GB-512 All is well, until I discovered it had Windows 10 Home SMode, which is a locked down version. I don't want...
  10. How to get windows 10 licence form Microsoft account?

How to get windows 10 licence form Microsoft account?: I have a laptop with windows 10 professional installed, it came pre-installed when I bought the laptop and I have connected it with Microsoft account. But this laptop id dead completely, I want to install windows 10 on my pc. How to get windows 10 license form Microsoft...