Windows 10: Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence

Discus and support Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had a notebook with local users and a copy of Windows 10 Pro activated. So I decided change the local user into a Microsoft Account to link my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mxsimpson, Sep 19, 2016.

1. mxsimpson Win User

Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence

I had a notebook with local users and a copy of Windows 10 Pro activated. So I decided change the local user into a Microsoft Account to link my license with my MSA.
    On the device it's allright, now teh activitaion tab shows "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". But my MSA doesn't list this device in devices list. I have other devices activated that are listed, but not this one.
    Anyone know what's happening? Why my device is not listed in MSA?

:)

mxsimpson, Sep 19, 2016
  2. HSWatson Win User

Accidentally Deleted Linked Windows 10 Device

I wanted to install Windows 10 on a new laptop. My Windows 10 licence is linked to my Microsoft account and I thought I needed to remove the device in order to use the licence on a new device. As a result, I removed the old device both from my Microsoft
    account and my Microsoft Store account. Now when I attempted to activate Windows 10 on the new device, it told me no licence was linked to my Microsoft account. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and was therefore not provided with a product key. I
    wonder whether there is any way to recover my Windows 10 licence?

Thank you very much for your help.

HSWatson, Sep 19, 2016
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Creators update enforces login.live.com?

Armin,

This is a bit of a shot in the dark but does Settings, Updates, Activation show that you are activated ...

• with a digital licence
    or

• with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft Account?

If it is linked to your Microsoft Account then perhaps that is the reason you need to be signed in for updates.

[there's a bit more info in
    How to re-install Windows 10 without a product key (Digital License / Entitlement)
    ]

Denis

Tryx3, Sep 19, 2016
Thema:

Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence

1. Microsoft Account not showing Windows 10 Licence - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account showing

2. windows 10 licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 licence: hi, my son want to start a business which he buy new hardware , and download windows 10 (not active) to sell, is it legal? if he buy windows 10 and active it, then re-sell , is it legal? if he want buy more (like 100), can he get discount?...
  3. windows 10 Licence

windows 10 Licence: Hi I have a licence key which is on a machine that has blown up. the key was retrieved from the hard disk as the case didn't have a sticker with product key. When trying to activate the key retrieved from the hard disk , Microsoft don't recognize it. any ideas ?...
  4. How to get windows 10 licence form Microsoft account?

How to get windows 10 licence form Microsoft account?: I have a laptop with windows 10 professional installed, it came pre-installed when I bought the laptop and I have connected it with Microsoft account. But this laptop id dead completely, I want to install windows 10 on my pc. How to get windows 10 license form Microsoft...
  5. Window licence is Showing VOLUME not OEM

Window licence is Showing VOLUME not OEM: I have recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 330s laptop with a licenced Windows 10 Home SL, but on checking the expire date using command line in command prompt: slmgr/xpr showing expire date of 19/04/2019 but it should show activated permanently also on using slmgr/dli I am...
  6. Windows 10 licence

Windows 10 licence: HDD in my laptop gone faulty. Windows was pre installed in mg laptop. Whether I will get windows licence if I replace old hdd with new hdd ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-licence/d77465a0-aaa9-480b-b801-ef8697f7ecc5"
  7. Microsoft licence renewal

Microsoft licence renewal: When I start up my laptop, I get the announcement that my microsoft license will expire soon. Go to settings, etc. I have no idea how to renew it. I lived unto recently in Uruguay where I bought this laptop and had all the software put on overthere. I cannot go back to...
  8. Licencing Microsoft 365

Licencing Microsoft 365: Dear Sirs. I'm starting a new company where I need do install new hardware, and I'm thinking to subscribe Microsoft 365 plan, to use Windows 10 and Office applications. I've taken a look at the FAQ but I didn't find the answer for my questions. I'd like to ask you if I...
  9. Windows 10 Licence

Windows 10 Licence: I recieved a call today about windows 10 licence being expired I take it microsoft would never make that call otherwise it would be a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-licence/2b51e351-3606-49c2-bf10-c83d02979aa7"
  10. Can a windows licence linked to my microsoft account be transferred

Can a windows licence linked to my microsoft account be transferred: I apologise if this has been asked before. I currently have 2 PCs: 1 has windows 10 home (personal licence) registered to my microsoft account. 1 has windows 10 Pro (personal licence) also registered to my microsoft account. The PC with home installed I am looking at...