Windows 10: Microsoft Account not working with Your Phone in Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Account not working with Your Phone in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been trying to connect my new phone to the Your Phone app on my PC, but every time i try to log in to the app with my Microsoft account, it tells... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MemmoMan88, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Microsoft Account not working with Your Phone in Windows 10

I've been trying to connect my new phone to the Your Phone app on my PC, but every time i try to log in to the app with my Microsoft account, it tells me something about that i need to add Windows Hello to my Microsoft account. When I click "continue", the next screen is blank. Not even visiting the aka.ms/linkphone URL fixes anything. What should i do?

I am running Windows 10 Version 1909.

submitted by /u/MemmoMan88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MemmoMan88, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft Account not working with Your Phone in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Scrizz Win User

Microsoft Account not working with Your Phone in Windows 10

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Account not working with Your Phone in Windows 10

1. Microsoft Account not working with Your Phone in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account working

2. Window 10 /your phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 /your phone: Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to acccess the item https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-your-phone/5b3ba284-5a28-4d56-b41c-1b348e083680
  3. Window 10 /your phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 /your phone: Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to acccess the item https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-your-phone/5b3ba284-5a28-4d56-b41c-1b348e083680
  4. Window 10 /your phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Changing microsoft account in "Your Phone"

Changing microsoft account in "Your Phone": I have 3 Microsoft accounts. Currently, my "Your Phone" app is set to "Microsoft account 1". I want to change to "Microsoft account 2", but can't. When I select manual connect or QR code on my PC it comes up with connecting to "Microsoft Account 1". I have deleted Your...
  6. Your phone on windows 10

Your phone on windows 10: Hi! Recently I've been trying to connect my Samsung A50 to my pc which runs on windows 10 and to do that I need to first log into the "Your phone" app however as soon as I come to step 2 aka logging in to the app it automatically shutdown as if it's going to redirect me to a...
  7. Your Phone Not Working

Your Phone Not Working: I have recently tried conneting my smartphone to the Your Phone app on Windows 10, and it claims I'm connected to my iPad I'm not, but it doesnt show anything but the "Your phone is linked" page or settings. It doesn't read my phone at all, and wont let me disconnect from the...
  8. Use Your Phone app with two Microsoft accounts on one phone

Use Your Phone app with two Microsoft accounts on one phone: I'm thinking about getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, and am intrigued about the "Your Phone" feature. However, I see that you have to sign in with a specific Microsoft account. But, what if I want to use it with 2 different PCs (Home and Work) that have different MS...
  9. Your Phone app not working or will not open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app not working or will not open on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Your Phone is a Windows 10 UWP app by Microsoft that brings in the integration of a smartphone with the computer running Windows 10. Currently, it can sync your smartphone’s notifications, Photos, and Messages with the computer. In the future, [...] This...
  10. Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app: Microsoft’s Your Phone app is potentially a good news for anyone who uses a combination of Windows 10 and Android phone. Your Phone app aims to bring your Android and Windows 10 PC closer, basically allowing users to drag and drop pictures between their PC and an Android...