Windows 10: Microsoft account on deleted device keeps coming back

Discus and support Microsoft account on deleted device keeps coming back in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; One of my old office laptop has my microsoft account on it and I forgot to log my account out on that laptop. I thought by removing that device in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eganwibowo, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Microsoft account on deleted device keeps coming back

One of my old office laptop has my microsoft account on it and I forgot to log my account out on that laptop. I thought by removing that device in account.microsoft.com/devices is enough to remove my microsoft account on it forever, but that's not the case...Somehow my own laptop's wallpaper change by itself and some weird documents on my onedrive pop up. I figure that because someone using my old office laptop and using it with my account still being use. And after I check again in account.microsoft.com/devices, that laptop still listed even though I already removed it I removed it twice alr

:)

eganwibowo, Jul 31, 2021

2. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jul 31, 2021
  4. flemmingk Win User

Microsoft account on deleted device keeps coming back

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft account on deleted device keeps coming back

1. Microsoft account on deleted device keeps coming back - Similar Threads - Microsoft account deleted

2. Microsoft Devices -unknown device keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Devices -unknown device keeps coming back: I have only 2 Windows devices. There is an additional device I have removed 4 times and it keeps coming back. Support call case was of NO HELP. Case 1057133887Previous case 1057086726 was very helpful but the device continues to come back. Picture attached. The device in the...
  3. Microsoft Devices -unknown device keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Devices -unknown device keeps coming back: I have only 2 Windows devices. There is an additional device I have removed 4 times and it keeps coming back. Support call case was of NO HELP. Case 1057133887Previous case 1057086726 was very helpful but the device continues to come back. Picture attached. The device in the...
  4. Folder keeps on coming back after deletion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder keeps on coming back after deletion: have a bit of an issue with a folder on my desktop. I keep on deleting and it keeps on coming back. I installed Norton. Didnt pick up any viruses or malware. Scanned computer with safety scanner. Nothing was picked up. Driving me nuts. I installed latest Win10 updates. No...
  5. Unable to delete registry keys, they keep coming back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete registry keys, they keep coming back: Hi, i have been trying to delete the registry keys $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate and $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings but for some reason they keep coming back. I am trying to delete these registry keys in order to fix the issue of...
  6. Deletes shortcuts keep coming back after loggin back in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deletes shortcuts keep coming back after loggin back in: Hi I am deploying Edge Chromium throughout my company and part of the install script I have is deleting IE shortcuts to discourage use before its unsupported My script deletes the IE shortcut in : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and also :...
  7. Deleted file keep coming back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted file keep coming back: Hello guys, i noticed file in C named with date and year created its own, i tried deleting it but everytime i restart laptop or shutdown then turn on, it recreates again on C, anyone know why is that happening and what is this file and why did it even create? And how can i...
  8. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....
  9. "Microsoft account problem" keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Microsoft account problem" keeps coming back: I am repeatedly receiving a "Microsoft account problem" message. This appears as a notification in Windows 10 on my desktop computer which, when clicked on, takes me to the "Shared experiences" settings page. Each time it appears I click "Fix now", enter my Microsoft account...
  10. Removed device keeps coming back to my Microsoft Account. What should i do ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removed device keeps coming back to my Microsoft Account. What should i do ?: I recently sold my PC and purchased a new laptop. Since i sold my PC i immediately removed it from my Microsoft account. I went to the "devices" section and removed it. However it keeps coming back after every few hours. Therefore the person who bought my PC still is...