Windows 10: Microsoft account on new desktop computer

Discus and support Microsoft account on new desktop computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I’ve just got a new desktop computer and ive logged in using my microsoft account. Why has all my applications on old laptop keep syncing on my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Torisjsjsjs, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Microsoft account on new desktop computer

I’ve just got a new desktop computer and ive logged in using my microsoft account. Why has all my applications on old laptop keep syncing on my new computer’s desktop. If i for example delete a couple files on my new computer, my laptop does the same. Is there any way to stop this because it is annoying. As i wanted a new empty computer. Would i have to make a new account?

:)

Torisjsjsjs, Jan 21, 2021

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jan 21, 2021
  3. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Microsoft account on new desktop computer

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft account on new desktop computer

1. Microsoft account on new desktop computer - Similar Threads - Microsoft account desktop

2. New Desktop login to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Desktop login to Microsoft Account: I just install my new desktop for my work, and I try login to Microsoft account and it said it send the pass code to my work email but i have wait for hours and there is no passcode. Please help me, thank you...
  3. New Desktop login to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Desktop login to Microsoft Account: I just install my new desktop for my work, and I try login to Microsoft account and it said it send the pass code to my work email but i have wait for hours and there is no passcode. Please help me, thank you...
  4. New Computer - Can't Sign In With Microsoft Account

New Computer - Can't Sign In With Microsoft Account: I just got a new computer with Windows 11. It was pre-configured with a local admin account and I'm trying to add additional accounts. I can add the Microsoft accounts under Settings->Accounts->Family & other users. My problem is that when I try to sign-in with any of those...
  5. Microsoft account on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account on new computer: Having to get a new computer after eight years. Question: Can I use the same sign in to my Microsoft account with new computer as I use on the old one? Thanks for any advice....
  6. Microsoft account on new computer

Microsoft account on new computer: Having to get a new computer after eight years. Question: Can I use the same sign in to my Microsoft account with new computer as I use on the old one? Thanks for any advice....
  7. Sign on new computer with microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign on new computer with microsoft account: Hello,I have a new computer. I signed in using a pin. I want to sign in using my microsoft account like I did on my old computer. How do I do this? Last time a support person took over my computer and set it up so that when I signed in I had a choice, to use my pin or to use...
  8. New desktop computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New desktop computer: Why cannot I download my iTunes to new desktop computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-desktop-computer/f6eef519-1c80-4691-8a5e-4b43c17749ef
  9. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Setup New Computer: When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and running? 134491
  10. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Setup New Computer: When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and running? 134491