Windows 10: Microsoft account password catch 22

Discus and support Microsoft account password catch 22 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Tired and frustrated, my wife and I are ready to throw in the towel! We have received a nice new laptop to replace my wife's broken, old, machine. We... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CheltenhamboyGL, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Microsoft account password catch 22

Tired and frustrated, my wife and I are ready to throw in the towel!

We have received a nice new laptop to replace my wife's broken, old, machine. We have a Windows 10 Home license and I pay a subscription for Office 365. The new laptop came with Windows 10, 30 day trial, which was easily upgraded to my full Home license but when we tried to share Office 365 we ran up against a big problem.

Having sent the invitation from my account to share Office 365 not easy as I had to get the new machine to share a file on my PC then copy and paste the long invitation link into it my wife began to follow the instructions provided. When she was asked to use her Microsoft account password it wasn't accepted, we tried several possibilities but no alternatives were correct. In the end we followed the forgotten password route which required my wife's email address - BOOM - Microsoft says there's already an account with that email address, no sh't sherlock!

We have managed to get to the Microsoft account recovery pages and meticulously filled in all the information to the best of our abilities - 3 times - but Microsoft reject the request every time. Now loosing the will to live! How on earth does Microsoft survive and grow their business with such customer support?

Does anyone on here know how to get hold of a Microsoft tech engineer on a chat line?

:)

CheltenhamboyGL, Apr 3, 2020

2. Microsoft account password catch 22

Tired and frustrated, my wife and I are ready to throw in the towel!

We have received a nice new laptop to replace my wife's broken, old, machine. We have a Windows 10 Home license and I pay a subscription for Office 365. The new laptop came with Windows 10, 30 day trial, which was easily upgraded to my full Home license
    but when we tried to share Office 365 we ran up against a big problem.

Having sent the invitation from my account to share Office 365 (not easy as I had to get the new machine to share a file on my PC then copy and paste the long invitation link into it) my wife began to follow the instructions provided. When she was asked
    to use her Microsoft account password it wasn't accepted, we tried several possibilities but no alternatives were correct. In the end we followed the forgotten password route which required my wife's email address - BOOM - Microsoft says there's already an
    account with that email address, no sh't sherlock!

We have managed to get to the Microsoft account recovery pages and meticulously filled in all the information to the best of our abilities - 3 times - but Microsoft reject the request every time. Now loosing the will to live! How on earth does Microsoft
    survive and grow their business with such customer support?

Does anyone on here know how to get hold of a Microsoft tech engineer on a chat line?

CheltenhamboyGL, Apr 4, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Microsoft account password catch 22

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft account password catch 22

1. Microsoft account password catch 22 - Similar Threads - Microsoft account password

2. CATCH - 22

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CATCH - 22: Hello, Hoping someone in the Community can advise. I seem to be in a Catch-22 situation. I need to use the Restore files facility on Onedrive as deleted files without knowing that Onedrive then deletes them frm storage. But hve no storage space on my main pc to reload. These...
  3. CATCH - 22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CATCH - 22: Hello, Hoping someone in the Community can advise. I seem to be in a Catch-22 situation. I need to use the Restore files facility on Onedrive as deleted files without knowing that Onedrive then deletes them frm storage. But hve no storage space on my main pc to reload. These...
  4. CATCH - 22

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Catch 22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Catch 22: This is a warning to those trying to download Windows 10. Microsoft has built an interesting Catch 22 into Windows 10. Get this: if your computer does not already have Windows 10, you cannot download Windows 10 to your computer. So, if you decide to listen to all those...
  6. Windows 10 Catch 22

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Catch 22: This is a warning to those trying to download Windows 10. Microsoft has built an interesting Catch 22 into Windows 10. Get this: if your computer does not already have Windows 10, you cannot download Windows 10 to your computer. So, if you decide to listen to all those...
  7. Windows 10 Catch 22

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Catch 22 - Need a Microsoft PIN to get a Microsoft PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Catch 22 - Need a Microsoft PIN to get a Microsoft PIN: Bought a new laptop. Several programs OneNote for Win10 for example won't work for me on the laptop, demanding I sign in with a Microsoft PIN. I have never had one! Can't set up a PIN w/o entering my current non-existent PIN! How do I get around this?...
  9. catch 22 windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    catch 22 windows 10 home: I took my computer to be repaired. Repair guy changed OS from home to pro. I wouldn't pay because I never ok'd . Now I can't activate because no product key. Tried to go back to home edition and keep getting Pro reinstalled even after changing registry. What am I doing wrong...
  10. EFI in a catch 22

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    EFI in a catch 22: So I dual-booted Windows 10 and a Linux Ubuntu distro Pop!_OS and everything was fine. I then installed a boot manager that deleted my boot.efi in Windows. (rEFInd) However, I can't run any bootrec commands because "access is denied" and I cannot figure out why as there is...