Windows 10: Microsoft account password change email showing wrong browser

Discus and support Microsoft account password change email showing wrong browser in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I received and email regarding Microsoft account password change. My only concern is that under Browser it shows Safari and I do not have Safari... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SnaveNogip, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Microsoft account password change email showing wrong browser

Hi,
    I received and email regarding Microsoft account password change. My only concern is that under Browser it shows Safari and I do not have Safari on my PC. Could this be a hack? How could this be?

Microsoft account
    Your password changed
    Your password for the Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was changed on 11/12/2020 10:45 PM GMT.
    If this was you, then you can safely ignore this email.
    Security info used: **********@gmail.com
    Country/region: United States
    Platform: Windows
    Browser: Safari
    IP address: *****************

:)

SnaveNogip, Nov 20, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 20, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Microsoft account password change email showing wrong browser

Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to change your child’s Microsoft Account password. In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

1. Login to
      www.login.live.com
      using your child’s Microsoft Account.
    2. Click on forgot password.
    3. Check the radio button and enter the Email account to send the code.
    4. In case you don’t have access to that verification email account then click on
      I don’t have any of these.
    5. Now follow the onscreen steps and check if you are able to reset the password.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft account password change email showing wrong browser

1. Microsoft account password change email showing wrong browser - Similar Threads - Microsoft account password

2. Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed: This morning I attempted to log onto my computer and I was signed out of all my Microsoft applications. Instead of showing my regular email, it shows fa***** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I checked my email and it shows where they changed my email and password,...
  3. Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed: This morning I attempted to log onto my computer and I was signed out of all my Microsoft applications. Instead of showing my regular email, it shows fa***** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I checked my email and it shows where they changed my email and password,...
  4. Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account Security page wrongly shows last password change in 2015

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Security page wrongly shows last password change in 2015: The Security page on my Microsoft account's dashboard falsely claims that my password was last changed on7/5/2015. In fact, I last changed it on03/01/2023, along with all my other important password, following the Lastpass data breach. I only created the current password...
  6. Microsoft Account Security page wrongly shows last password change in 2015

Microsoft Account Security page wrongly shows last password change in 2015: The Security page on my Microsoft account's dashboard falsely claims that my password was last changed on7/5/2015. In fact, I last changed it on03/01/2023, along with all my other important password, following the Lastpass data breach. I only created the current password...
  7. Microsoft Account Security page wrongly shows last password change in 2015

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Microsoft account hacked + email and password changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked + email and password changed: So one of these days i was going to play minecraft and i couldnt log in in my account , saying that the outlook email i always used to log in *** Email address is removed for privacy *** dont exist. Thats when i realized that the account was hacked somehow. Ive been trying to...
  9. Microsoft account hacked + email and password changed

Microsoft account hacked + email and password changed: So one of these days i was going to play minecraft and i couldnt log in in my account , saying that the outlook email i always used to log in *** Email address is removed for privacy *** dont exist. Thats when i realized that the account was hacked somehow. Ive been trying to...
  10. Password changing on email account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password changing on email account: Hi there, I have a problem which is stopping my email address working, think this started while altering and updating an estimate in my outlook file. The reason that I say this is that when I go into my email a/c to repair it the password says ve Estimate *******. I correct...