Windows 10: Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup

Discus and support Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop has just started requesting my Microsoft Account password before it will complete the startup process. How can this password requirement be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert LDyer, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup

My laptop has just started requesting my Microsoft Account password before it will complete the startup process. How can this password requirement be removed?

:)

Robert LDyer, Jul 1, 2020

2. Windows Startup password

Yes, I'm sure there wasn't a Microsoft account on the laptop. When I set it up, she didn't want one

So I had to do a factory restore on the laptop. All boot methods would crash. I found out the owner was duped into giving a scammer access to her computer. That's how the startup password got set.

See its not the same as the account login password prompt

Thanks for the link! I will most definitely save it and use it when needed

GoFigureItOut, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup

Startup account/password issue

I'm having an issue with Windows requesting a password when starting up my Windows 10 PC.

I have all password requirements turned off (as discussed in various other posts)

My Settings>Accounts>Family and other users show no other accounts to be active however the startup screen shows both my Microsoft account and another account under my name which appears to be a local account. It is this second "ghost" account which seems
    to be throwing up a password issue. Upon startup this ghost account throws up a password incorrect notice however if I select my Microsoft account I can log in just fine using that.

Any suggestions on how to either remove this ghost account or just to solve the password requirement issue?

Thanks,

Chris

ChristopherIngram, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup

1. Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Password

2. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup: Hello,No matter what I do, Windows requires a password.On startup, first screen says incorrect password. Then when I click in the password section, my username shows up twice in the lower left of the screen.I am able to login under each username successfully with the same...
  3. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup: Hello,No matter what I do, Windows requires a password.On startup, first screen says incorrect password. Then when I click in the password section, my username shows up twice in the lower left of the screen.I am able to login under each username successfully with the same...
  4. Windows 10 Requiring Password on Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I want to require a startup password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to require a startup password: I originally set up Windows 10 to not require a password on startup. I now want to change that so that a password is required. I set everything up in Windows Hello with a Kensington fingerprint scanner. It requests a password after sleep but still automatically logs me in on...
  6. I want to require a startup password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to require a startup password: I originally set up Windows 10 to not require a password on startup. I now want to change that so that a password is required. I set everything up in Windows Hello with a Kensington fingerprint scanner. It requests a password after sleep but still automatically logs me in on...
  7. I want to require a startup password

8. Windows 10 Advanced Startup - Password Required - Don't have the old Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Advanced Startup - Password Required - Don't have the old Microsoft account password: Hi everyone, I'm trying to help my father get his laptop running, we can't get it to boot.. It won't even startup from SafeMode, or any other options. We've moved on to advanced startup/recovery options menu, but, but all the options (startup repain etc) are asking for...
  9. Windows Startup suddenly requiring password

Windows Startup suddenly requiring password: After several years of using windows 10 'startup' in the "Never" require password sign-in mode on my desktop, for several days now, I have suddenly been required to use a password during startup. This apparently occurred subsequent to some 'automatic update' downloads from...
  10. Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password: New Windows 10 Home desktop. I put in Carol when it asked who would use the computer. After a restart, it showed Carol and Welcome, then I could just click on it and use it. The only user was Carol and no password was needed. That was OK. I set a system restore point,...