Windows 10: Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login

Discus and support Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, My Microsoft Account Picture is being displayed without me using Microsoft Account for logging into my HP Laptop. I am using a local account for... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by merrylgeorge, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login

Hi, My Microsoft Account Picture is being displayed without me using Microsoft Account for logging into my HP Laptop. I am using a local account for logging in. I tried deleting the picture but am not able to do so. Could I have some inputs on how to go ahead please.

:)

merrylgeorge, Jul 11, 2019

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Microsoft account picture

Hello,

For us to assist you on resolving your Microsoft account picture concern, please log in to
    https://account.live.com and check if your picture is available. If yes, please follow
    Mayank Gupta10's suggestion on this
    link

If not, please upload your preferred picture online so it will be synchronize on your computer. Once set, we need to switch from Microsoft account login to Local account then revert afterwards. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, and select Settings >
      Accounts
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type in your current password and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account window, just click the
      Next button without filling in the password.
    • Then, click Sign out and finish button.

Now, we need to switch back to your Microsoft account as log in credentials by following the steps below:

• Go to Start, and select Settings >
      Accounts
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Type in your Microsoft account credentials on the next window and click next.
    • Proceed with the next step of verification process.
    • Click Switch to complete the process.
    • You should have your Microsoft account picture synced on your computer.

Keep us updated on the result.

Noreen Mon, Jul 11, 2019
  4. silkstone Win User

Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login

1. Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Picture

2. Removing microsoft account on laptop without using laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing microsoft account on laptop without using laptop: Hi there, I turned on my laptop today and entered my password. but it says u need to verify ur account then send me into a login page and want an activity code from sms. so i done that so many times to change my password to log in to my laptop but says login failure again and...
  3. Microsoft Account Picture Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Picture Issue: I set a profile photo for this account around 2017. Now I have a new picture up but whenever I open my account on my Windows PC it displays both my current photo and my previous photo together. I can't figure out how to remove it completely. Lol the photo is of myself with my...
  4. Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.: After forgetting my live password, which I cant get into my laptop without, I had it reset. It keeps telling me that my new password is incorrect when I am absolutely 101% certain that it was correct. ***Moved From: Other/Unknown/Ease of access*** ***Edited Original...
  5. Microsoft Account login problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account login problems: I recently had to re-install Windows, since for some reason a boot component got corrupted, because my battery died (my pc was in sleep mode), i tried to boot it up, not knowing the battery was dead, and nothing i did fixed it. I went through the setup, no problem. I login to...
  6. Can't login with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login with microsoft account: Hello, I tried to do some cleanups both on my desktop and my laptop, but on my desktop, something went wrong. All metro apps were deleted and some shortcuts of normal apps as well. After some searching on the internet, I found out how to add the packages in C:\Program...
  7. Unable to login with Microsoft account.

Unable to login with Microsoft account.: Since I bought this PC I've logged into it with myMicrosoft user account which uses my own domain email account. The account had the display name of but the folder in "Users" was named with only used the the first 5 characters "norma". This has never been a problem until the...
  8. Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've just re-installed Windows 10 on a family laptop. I want to create accounts for my two children (aged 13 & 11) that have a degree of protection, mainly in terms of sites and content types that they can access. However I don't like the fact that to create a child...
  9. Add Microsoft Account without losing Local Account?

Add Microsoft Account without losing Local Account?: I currently use a Local Account (no password) on a notebook but would also like to add my existing Microsoft Account. Is this possible without losing an option to sign in with the Local Account if necessary? 67987
  10. Product key without Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key without Microsoft account?: I read that the Windows 10 product key from the free upgrade is automatically linked to your Microsoft account. Since I do not want to use a Microsoft account to sign into Windows, will this be a problem when I reinstall in the future? 12109