Windows 10: Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login

Discus and support Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, My Microsoft Account Picture is being displayed without me using Microsoft Account for logging into my HP Laptop. I am using a local account for... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by merrylgeorge, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login

Hi, My Microsoft Account Picture is being displayed without me using Microsoft Account for logging into my HP Laptop. I am using a local account for logging in. I tried deleting the picture but am not able to do so. Could I have some inputs on how to go ahead please.

:)

merrylgeorge, Jul 11, 2019

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Microsoft account picture

Hello,

For us to assist you on resolving your Microsoft account picture concern, please log in to
    https://account.live.com and check if your picture is available. If yes, please follow
    Mayank Gupta10's suggestion on this
    link

If not, please upload your preferred picture online so it will be synchronize on your computer. Once set, we need to switch from Microsoft account login to Local account then revert afterwards. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, and select Settings >
      Accounts
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type in your current password and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account window, just click the
      Next button without filling in the password.
    • Then, click Sign out and finish button.

Now, we need to switch back to your Microsoft account as log in credentials by following the steps below:

• Go to Start, and select Settings >
      Accounts
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Type in your Microsoft account credentials on the next window and click next.
    • Proceed with the next step of verification process.
    • Click Switch to complete the process.
    • You should have your Microsoft account picture synced on your computer.

Keep us updated on the result.

Noreen Mon, Jul 11, 2019
  4. silkstone Win User

Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login

1. Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Picture

2. Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing Login PIN without microsoft account: I bought my work computer from my employer when I left the company. Recently, my 5yo son has been making unauthorized purchases. I thought I would make him a new account with parental controls to prevent this going forward. I can change the password, but unfortunately he can...
  3. Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Login PIN without microsoft account: I bought my work computer from my employer when I left the company. Recently, my 5yo son has been making unauthorized purchases. I thought I would make him a new account with parental controls to prevent this going forward. I can change the password, but unfortunately he can...
  4. Changing Login PIN without microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Using microsoft store without Microsoft account: I have a PC with Windows 10 21H2, on which I login as a local user.At some point in the past, I used the Windows store, and logged into it with a Microsoft account.I no longer want to use the Microsoft account. I removed the account from Windows under Settings / Email and...
  6. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using microsoft store without Microsoft account: I have a PC with Windows 10 21H2, on which I login as a local user.At some point in the past, I used the Windows store, and logged into it with a Microsoft account.I no longer want to use the Microsoft account. I removed the account from Windows under Settings / Email and...
  7. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft account pictures

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account pictures: Are people noticing they have vanished today? When I open up store app on the pc usually can see my face in a circle in upper right. But it is now showing a generic icon there instead. Noticing it across other native apps (films for example). Logged in via edge to Microsoft...
  9. Using computer without Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using computer without Microsoft account: I bought a new computer yesterday. It required me to link it to a Microsoft account in order to even turn the computer on. No other option was given. Of course, I didn't want a Microsoft account or to link my computer to one, but I did what was necessary in order to turn...
  10. Microsoft Account Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Picture: I need help, how Do I reset my profile picture on my Microsoft account to the default avatar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-picture/dd0aa6b5-87bf-4dd4-b5e7-a294b0d979ed