Windows 10: Microsoft Account PIN Error

Discus and support Microsoft Account PIN Error in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have been trying to login to my laptop using the PIN sign-in option, but every time I come to the sign-in after my laptop had gone to sleep, it tells... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ClaireStudy, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Microsoft Account PIN Error

I have been trying to login to my laptop using the PIN sign-in option, but every time I come to the sign-in after my laptop had gone to sleep, it tells me that the security on my laptop had changed so go to the settings to check it out.

I do this every time and I come to the settings to see what's up, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong.

I have changed my PIN multiple times but nothing seems to be working.

The continuous error that pops up is the error code: 0xc02901df

I have looked online and everywhere but this error code is nowhere to be found.

Can anyone help me?

:)

ClaireStudy, Feb 28, 2019

2. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Microsoft Account PIN Error

Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

Microsoft Account PIN Error 7dbfca3a-95bc-40bd-b086-3f972996a27c?upload=true.png

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Account PIN Error

1. Microsoft Account PIN Error - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account PIN

2. Creating a Microsoft account PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a Microsoft account PIN: I can sign into the laptop , when I sign into my Microsoft account it prompts me to create a PIN, when I click to create the PIN it tells me error and cannot create the PIN. It gives me the option to create or wait until later, when I click on either of the options it just...
  3. Creating a Microsoft account PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a Microsoft account PIN: I can sign into the laptop , when I sign into my Microsoft account it prompts me to create a PIN, when I click to create the PIN it tells me error and cannot create the PIN. It gives me the option to create or wait until later, when I click on either of the options it just...
  4. Microsoft account pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account pin: Hello i cant log in to my microsoft account in microsoft store or add it to my pc becouse every time i try to log in it asks me for a windows hello pin wich i dont have couse i never set it up and i cant find a away to reset it....
  5. Microsoft account pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account pin: Hello i cant log in to my microsoft account in microsoft store or add it to my pc becouse every time i try to log in it asks me for a windows hello pin wich i dont have couse i never set it up and i cant find a away to reset it....
  6. Microsoft account pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Skipping PIN in Windows Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Skipping PIN in Windows Microsoft account?: I want to skip the PIN in windows for a microsoft account, it shows it all the time I put my microsoft account on windows! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skipping-pin-in-windows-microsoft-account/249ae069-0c80-4fc5-b191-11dfaee42aaa
  8. Cannot reset Microsoft account PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot reset Microsoft account PIN: Entered Safe mode to delete display driver due to shaking screen. Now screen isn't shaking, but I see my picture, name and the messages, "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." "Set up my PIN" None of this works and I have tried all...
  9. How to change pin for microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change pin for microsoft account: we got new laptop. we loaded Microsoft office. verification pin been used too many times and we never created one and we don't have and cant reset and so we cant download apps from Microsoft....
  10. PIN number for new Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN number for new Microsoft account: I'm trying to log into my Xbox Live account but it's asking me for a PIN number I never set, and the account I am logged into while doing this is a different email. I even tried creating a new account to log into, but the same issue came up. How can I access and change my PIN...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc02901df

2. error code 0xc02901df

3. pin for microsoft account

4. microsoft error code 0xc02901df,
  5. 0xc02901df. error,
  6. microsoft account pin no,
  7. why microsoft account errors,
  8. pin microsoft account,
  9. 0x80090016 microsoft account,
  10. my microsoft account pin wont work NGC,
  11. how do you get a pin for a microsoft account if you have never had a pin,