Windows 10: "Microsoft account problem" and "Outlook account out-of-date" notifications

Discus and support "Microsoft account problem" and "Outlook account out-of-date" notifications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am so tired of this. At random moments over the last several months, I get the following notification:"Microsoft account problem: We need to fix your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OsakaWebbie, Jun 26, 2020.

1. "Microsoft account problem" and "Outlook account out-of-date" notifications

I am so tired of this. At random moments over the last several months, I get the following notification:"Microsoft account problem: We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely your password changed. Select here to fix it in Shared Experiences." If I go to Shared Experiences and click the "Fix now" button and then enter my Microsoft account password which I have not changed in years, it becomes happy, but only temporarily.

At times less often I have also gotten another one: "Your Outlook settings are out-of-date." I don't know if they are related or not.

Supposed solutions I have found on the web most notably here including the comments and here include:

• Turn off Shared Experiences "Nearby sharing" and "Share across devices": This was the first thing I tried, months ago, but the notifications still happen.
    • Log into your PC using your MS account rather than local: I have always done that.
    • Log in with your password instead of a PIN: Surely that isn't necessary! PIN is one of the recommended sign-in methods - I should be able to use it.
    • Check your account settings: I don't even want to sync any email/calendar/contacts - I use Thunderbird Portable to handle all my email, and do everything else like calendar and such in my browser Firefox Portable. So I don't know what accounts to "check".
    • Switch to a different sign-in method and supposedly you can later switch back and it will still work: I switched to Picture Password, rebooted and logged in, and then switched back to PIN - for awhile I thought it was fixed, but eventually the notification appeared again.
    • Go to Email & Accounts and remove accounts you don't use: Today I noticed an Outlook account in the list and thought perhaps removing it would at least eliminate the Outlook complaint. But when I removed it, only a few seconds later I got the "Outlook settings out-of-date" notification. Sigh!
    • Try removing the Microsoft account from account settings: That sounds too scary - I don't know what might break.

I have no interest in Shared Experiences, nor do I even have an Outlook account, as far as I know. The OS has absolutely nothing to do with how I handle email, calendar, contacts, etc. I have several email addresses, but they are only on hosted domains and Gmail, and I handle them all exclusively via Thunderbird Portable and have done so for over a decade. For a calendar I only use Google Calendar and not via the OS-provided app. [Basic info: Windows 10 Home 1903, build 10.0.18362.900. The PC was bought in Japan and the OS is fundamentally the Japanese version, but I changed the interface language to English.]

:)

OsakaWebbie, Jun 26, 2020
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    "Microsoft account problem" and "Outlook account out-of-date" notifications [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Jun 26, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    outlook account config

His email provider should have the instructions for setting up outlook with an IMAP account.

newtekie1, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

"Microsoft account problem" and "Outlook account out-of-date" notifications

Getting notification that AOL accounts are out of date

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following information:

• When do you receive the notification?
    • In which application are you receiving the notification?

If you are receiving the notification in Mail App, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Your account settings are out-of-date in Mail or Calendar for Windows 10
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

"Microsoft account problem" and "Outlook account out-of-date" notifications

1. "Microsoft account problem" and "Outlook account out-of-date" notifications - Similar Threads - Microsoft account problem

2. Outlook email account settings out of date.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook email account settings out of date.: outlook email setting out of date windows mobile 10. long standing issue which I cant find the answer to. This started last month on my device, I have tried many attempted fixes time date reset devise hard reset, delete account re add etc. Laptop and android device working as...
  3. Outlook email account settings out of date.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook email account settings out of date.: outlook email setting out of date windows mobile 10. long standing issue which I cant find the answer to. This started last month on my device, I have tried many attempted fixes time date reset devise hard reset, delete account re add etc. Laptop and android device working as...
  4. "Your Outlook account settings are out of date"

in Browsers and Email
    "Your Outlook account settings are out of date": I keep getting this message over and over again every couple of days or so. This started about 2 or 3 Windows updates ago or so. When I click on it I'm taken to what looks like my email sign in little box and it says something like "because you're accessing sensitive...
  5. Outlook Account Settings are out of date

Outlook Account Settings are out of date: A while back I started seeing this message in a yellow bar at the top of Outlook Mail client. If I click the Fix account button it asks for my PIN and then says "fixed" and seems to work OK after I restart Outlook Mail. If I click Dismiss, or don't do anything, it seems like...
  6. Microsoft Accounts out of date

Microsoft Accounts out of date: I am getting a daily request on the header of my email page to fix my Microsoft account. It is telling me my email account is out of date. When I select FIX NOW it wants me to allow Microsoft access to just about everything inside my pc, which I will NOT ALLOW! So is this...
  7. Getting notification that AOL accounts are out of date

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Getting notification that AOL accounts are out of date: Why does Microsoft Windows 10 tell me my AOL accounts are out of date? Why do they want to take over my AOL accounts. They work just fine as is. ***Modified title from: Why does Microsoft want my AOL email. None of their business.***...
  8. Your Outlook Account Settings are out of Date

Your Outlook Account Settings are out of Date: In windows 10 mail, my Microsoft email account keeps losing its connection and I have to keep signing in over and over again. Usually once I sign in it remains OK for the duration that I have my computer powered on but almost always reoccurs when I go to power my machine back...
  9. your account settings are out of date - Outlook

your account settings are out of date - Outlook: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-account-settings-are-out-of-date-outlook/8e2e4d54-129a-4cf7-9348-1d8dca506313
  10. Your Outlook account settings are out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Your Outlook account settings are out of date: My Windows 10 E-Mail app keeps telling me that "Your Outlook account settings are out of date". When i click on "Fix" then it fixes it temporarily but the issue soon returns. How to resolve this permanently? Regards 23488