Windows 10: "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week

Discus and support "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Every week or so I get these error messages in Windows 10 and in Office programs. If I sign into my Microsoft account with my password, the messages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Codie Leseman, Apr 15, 2020.

1. "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week

Every week or so I get these error messages in Windows 10 and in Office programs. If I sign into my Microsoft account with my password, the messages go away for about a week, but they always come back. What is causing this?

"Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week 1248b8ac-4f9c-4149-adf6-ff825da5c993?upload=true.jpg

"Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week 2ed0ab06-5519-4a38-96e6-53c48a05c9a7?upload=true.jpg

:)

Codie Leseman, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week :(

Zakin, Apr 15, 2020
  3. silkstone Win User
    Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Addie Win User

"Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

"Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week

1. "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account Error" in Office about once per week - Similar Threads - Microsoft account problem

2. About microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About microsoft account: Hi sir .I sold my ssd and on it my win10 pro activated. The man told me he formated the ssd but I would like to be sure he is not lying to me .I search on Google about this . I read I can check it at find my device from there u can check I tried and after press on...
  3. About microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About microsoft account: Hi sir .I sold my ssd and on it my win10 pro activated. The man told me he formated the ssd but I would like to be sure he is not lying to me .I search on Google about this . I read I can check it at find my device from there u can check I tried and after press on...
  4. About microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. 0x80070643 error, no issues for years, now getting this about once per week, why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x80070643 error, no issues for years, now getting this about once per week, why?: 0x80070643 error, no issues for years, now getting this about once per week, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070643-error-no-issues-for-years-now-getting/ffcf9360-6f33-4d9a-ac88-9a0594f6e3d4
  6. Getting a BSOD about once per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a BSOD about once per day: Hi, I've had this computer for about a year and have lately been getting a BSOD about once per day. I ran a memory diagnostic, checked that Windows 10 was up to date, check that NVIDIA was up to date, and blew out some dust from inside of the computer (there wasn't much). I...
  7. Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows "Microsoft account problem" and Office "Account Error" messages about once a week: Every week I get these error messages in Windows 10 and in Office programs. If I sign into my Microsoft account with my password, the messages go away for about a week, but they always come back. What is causing this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office

in Windows 10 Customization
    Regularly seeing "Microsoft account problem" in Windows and "Account error" in Office: At least once a week, I get a message from Windows saying "Microsoft Account Problem. We need to fix your Microsoft account most likely your password changed." and a message in Microsoft Office products saying, "Account Error. Sorry, we can't get to your account right now. To...
  9. I get the BSOD about once per week: systemprofile\AppData\Local\PlaceholderTileLogoFol der

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I get the BSOD about once per week: systemprofile\AppData\Local\PlaceholderTileLogoFol der: Can anyone tell me what this folder is used for? Here's the filepath: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\PlaceholderTileLogoFolder Unrelated question: I get the BSOD about once per week at odd times. Lenovo X1 Carbon Thinkpad purchased about a...
  10. about microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    about microsoft account: hello , my name is Alan siby. I m using windows 10 in my system. there was a problem occurred in my Microsoft account . so I had signed into my account there was a verification about account so I wanted to check my mail, but I cant check my mails . there was no...