Windows 10: Microsoft account problem popup since 1903 Update

Discus and support Microsoft account problem popup since 1903 Update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I updated to 1903 a few days ago without issue. Yesterday and again tonight after booting to desktop I saw a notification pop up We need to fix your... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pliskken, Jun 10, 2019.

1. pliskken Win User

Microsoft account problem popup since 1903 Update

I updated to 1903 a few days ago without issue. Yesterday and again tonight after booting to desktop I saw a notification pop up

We need to fix your Microsoft account (your password has probably been changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings"

Microsoft account problem popup since 1903 Update [​IMG]

In Shared Experiences there were no problems and Share across devices is turned off

Microsoft account problem popup since 1903 Update [​IMG]

I have a Microsoft Account (for Outlook email) but I do not use it to log into windows, I use a local account with no password. My Microsoft Account is used on the Windows Store. I have checked over my account and I do not think it has been compromised in any way. Scans for viruses/malware came back clean too.

Anoe else have this puzzling popup? Thanks.

:)

pliskken, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Microsoft account problem popup since 1903 Update

microsoft a/c singn in problem

Hi Avi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Windows Store on your device using Microsoft account. Do not worry. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Where exactly are you referring to when you say: "sign in Microsoft a/c instead"?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files for the user account.

If you are currently logged-in with Microsoft account, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Microsoft Account
    troubleshooter

The following issues are checked by the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter program:

• Corrupt Microsoft Account settings
    • Can’t connect to the sync service
    • Problems with Microsoft account Policy
    • Microsoft Account required
    • Connection issues due to proxy or certificate issues
    • Problem with system registration
    • Signed in with a guest account, or Roaming User Profiles enabled
    • You are not connected to the Internet
    • Proxy Settings
    • You have reached your daily sync quote
    • Sync your settings is turned off
    • Check system not activated.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    as it troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.

• Click on View All on left side and select
      Windows Store Apps.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    [*]

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft account problem popup since 1903 Update

1. Microsoft account problem popup since 1903 Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft account problem

2. Microsoft Update Problems since Nov 23

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Update Problems since Nov 23: My PC is a DELL PC BIOS version 2012. I had a problem that my PC would not boot, thinking that my update had caused the problem, I reverted the latest update. When i managed to get my OS online it prompted me to reinstall the update, but the update would not install. As per...
  3. Microsoft Update Problems since Nov 23

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Update Problems since Nov 23: My PC is a DELL PC BIOS version 2012. I had a problem that my PC would not boot, thinking that my update had caused the problem, I reverted the latest update. When i managed to get my OS online it prompted me to reinstall the update, but the update would not install. As per...
  4. Is a "Microsoft account problem" popup legitimate?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is a "Microsoft account problem" popup legitimate?: [https://imgur.com/69CvG1P] A week ago, this popup appeared on the notification panel (righthand side) on my laptop. I clicked it and it took me to "Accounts" in the Settings with the messge "Some of your accounts require attention," and below that a "FIX NOW" button....
  5. Windows update to 1903 since 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update to 1903 since 1809: I face this problem three times, actually my system is running slow and I don't know the reason, but I am sure it is a software problem. every time I try to download or update to the latest version of Windows, that is, 1903. We are offering this update to compatible devices,...
  6. keyboard problem since update windows 10 vir 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard problem since update windows 10 vir 1903: i am using asus rog gl 552vx after update windows 10 version 1903 i face issue on my laptop keyboard.some keys r working and some are not,please give a update on this problem. ihope other some people also in this trouble....
  7. Shutdown problems since upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown problems since upgrading to 1903: I recently installed upgrade 1903 to Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude and to my Surface 3 Professional. Since the upgrade the Dell latitude takes 20 minutes or more to fully shut down. The Surface is running fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  8. Sleep not working since updating to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep not working since updating to 1903: I don't get why... 1) powercfg -requests shows nothing is causing sleep issues 2) sleep works if i set it manually but if automatically it won't Any reason why this would all of sudden not working properly?...
  9. Clipboard problem since 1903 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clipboard problem since 1903 Update: Hi - Since updating to W10 1903 I have been experiencing a problem with clipboard. Lets say I have say two pieces of text saved on my clipboard, I go to an email and use Win-V to paste the first into the subject line, that always works fine. Sometimes the cursor then...
  10. Computer Unstable Since 1903 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Unstable Since 1903 Update: Updated to 1903 three days ago (6-2-19) and my computer is crashing a lot. Watching videos, writing emails, doing nothing just on and computer decides to re-boot or computer didn't shut down properly and I will see the computer trying to recover. Computer has crashed approx....