Windows 10: Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this".

Discus and support Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this". in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For a good while I have not been able to change anything about my Windows Hello PIN number when logged into my Microsoft account on my computer. Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Afton LaMere, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this".

For a good while I have not been able to change anything about my Windows Hello PIN number when logged into my Microsoft account on my computer. Every time I tried to make one, whether it was in the computer startup process or in the Windows Settings in Accounts, the error "Something went wrong. Please try again later." would always pop up. It wasn't until recently I realized that a common quick fix for this and sometimes for some other problems was by making a PIN for a local account derived from my Microsoft account, and then I just needed to log out of the local and log back into my Microsoft account. From those I read who have done that method, they say that it can help update the user information and PIN and such for your Microsoft account on the computer.
    This is where thing's started getting worse for me.

After doing that method and logging back into the user profile that uses my Microsoft Account, I quickly realized I could no longer use ANY apps or special actions on my computer that require a Microsoft account. Every time I tried to use an account also side note problem: for some reason I have TWO Microsoft accounts with the EXACT same email listed when I want to log in to things it would always pop up with "Error 0x800704cf You'll need internet for this". I have another Microsoft account/user profile on my computer and was able to use that with no errors when logging in with it in the Microsoft Store app, so that indicates to me that this is NOT a network problem or VPN issue, or anything else like that.This is something wrong with my Microsoft account when I log in with it as a user profile.THE ONLY way I can log in with my MS account on apps is by being logged into a local account on the computer.

In addition to no longer being able to log in to apps with my MS account, when I open Windows Settings it shows at the top that my account is still a local account, but when I click on the Accounts tab in Settings it shows the normal options for when logged into a Microsoft account.

The only things logging out of a local account and back into my MS account seem to fix are my ability to log in with a Windows Hello PIN, and updating my profile name in places so it shows the name I have associated with my MS account, and not just the email I use for the account. After leaving my computer idle for enough time, or logging out and then back into my MS account, it will ONLY show my MS account email.

Here are some pictures:

Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this". 14ade2f1-9e11-4613-9e11-6f8fe9b5a025?upload=true.png

This is what happens when I click on "Verify".

Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this". 7a87cc22-1708-4b31-b2ab-1db11b576db9?upload=true.png Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this". 442ad66f-1f95-4329-8a6c-fbd33133b173?upload=true.png

Same problem for Xbox Console Companion and for all other apps that ask me to sign in with an MS account.I can, however, log in with that other account you will see listed in the pictures.

Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this". 63b07daf-acad-43a0-99a0-326185282a36?upload=true.png

Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this". fa7f6316-50a5-4292-a082-c4d18e6dceaa?upload=true.png

Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this". 5328b19d-dc8d-491e-96f0-2eaac5502b50?upload=true.png

Windows settings showing I am a local account but I can still click on "My Microsoft account"?:

Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this". 7779f434-3365-4ad3-8814-482d75676735?upload=true.png

As you can tell here, I am not in local account mode:

Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this". 00ee203c-db84-4bd1-9fe9-497190a59fc4?upload=true.png

Why do I have two of the same MS accounts? They are definitely different in some way according to what I can do with them:

Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this". baa1cc50-15e6-4fa5-bc97-bf5474df3c19?upload=true.png

Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this". 40b5c039-bbd1-4f7f-a3c2-2f4e16e6649b?upload=true.png

Sorry if these pictures seem to make this Question/post become so much longer. I have no idea how else to explain and illustrate my exact problem any better than with photos of the problems at hand.

:)

Afton LaMere, Jun 23, 2020

2. Error 0x800704cf in microsoft store

Hi,

As per the error message, your internet connection might have something to do with the error code 0x800704cf. The anti-virus on your computer can also be the culprit here. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your concern. We suggest
    that you download and run the Windows Store App Troubleshooter. Once done, check if the issue persists.
    You can also check if the Store works in another user account. If the issue
    still persists, we suggest to reset the Microsoft Store. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard, the type in wsreset.exe.
    • Hit Enter to proceed.

You may reset the Store a couple of times before checking if the issue persists.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooting steps provided above.

Carlos Tin, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Xbox App not Connecting to Internet (0x800704cf)

Same problem here, im trying to sign in to my account, and getting the error code:

You´ll need the internet for this

It doesn´t look like your connected to the internet. Please check your connection and try again.

0x800704cf

The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see windows help.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

ZombieHordeMC, Jun 23, 2020
  4. MC-321 Win User

Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this".

error 0x800704cf

Every time i try to sign into my Microsoft account, the error 0x800704cf pops up, saying that i am not connected to the internet, but i am connected to the internet. How do i fix this so that i can sign into my account?

MC-321, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this".

1. Microsoft Account Problems including Error 0x800704cf "You'll need internet for this". - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Problems

2. 2 Problems: Try that again Code: 0x80131500 and You'll need the Internet for this. 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Problems: Try that again Code: 0x80131500 and You'll need the Internet for this. 0x800704cf: HelloI'm having trouble with two major problems that i'm trying to fix but have no clue what to doEverytime I go onto Microsoft Store it say's 'Try that again' and when I sign in it says You'll need Internet for this. But I have internet because i'm on it and doing other...
  3. You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf: I bought a Microsoft 365 subscription and I need to sign-in into my account to activate this but the error shows that 'You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf'. It's obvious that I have internet working well and good. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks....
  4. You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf: I bought a Microsoft 365 subscription and I need to sign-in into my account to activate this but the error shows that 'You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf'. It's obvious that I have internet working well and good. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks....
  5. You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Can't access Microsoft Account: Error 0x800704cf "You'll need to the internet for this"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access Microsoft Account: Error 0x800704cf "You'll need to the internet for this": Hi, Please helpProblem #1 - I am unable to log onto MS Store and My Microsoft account from my computer. I get the error you see below. "You'll need the Internet for this." But I am very definitely on the internet. I *can* log onto my Microsoft account from the website.Problem...
  7. Windows "You'll need the internet for this" Error 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows "You'll need the internet for this" Error 0x800704cf: Whenever I try to use any Microsoft applications online e.g. download an app from the Microsoft Store, sign into my Microsoft account on any app, Microsoft Office etc. This occurs all the time, even when I'm connected to the internet. Stems from an issue with network drivers....
  8. You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf: Whenever I try to login to the Microsoft store on Windows 10, I am greeted with this error message, along with it saying "It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Please try again." Even though I am completely 100% connected to the internet and everything else...
  9. Cannot login to Microsoft Store - You'll need the Internet for this 0x800704cf

Cannot login to Microsoft Store - You'll need the Internet for this 0x800704cf: Hi, I am unable to login to Microsoft Store to download any apps. This has been an ongoing issue (months) but I've only just got around to fixing it. I am able to browse the Microsoft Store with no issues (internet connection is fine), however, once it prompts me to login...
  10. You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf

You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf: Whenever I try to login to the Microsoft store on Windows 10, I am greeted with this error message, along with it saying "It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Please try again." Even though I am completely 100% connected to the internet and everything else...
Tags: