Windows 10: Microsoft account profile not syncing

Discus and support Microsoft account profile not syncing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Microsoft account profile picture is not syncing on Windows or in Edge Chrome after a system reset. It's been a week since then, so it's not a sync... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TashiSherpa1, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Microsoft account profile not syncing

My Microsoft account profile picture is not syncing on Windows or in Edge Chrome after a system reset. It's been a week since then, so it's not a sync delay.

The profile picture is still available online.

Completely reinstalling Windows did fix this, but also introduced system breaking bugs that made me reset, thus losing the sync.

I'd like to use the same picture, but don't have a copy anymore. I've tried accessing the picture via my account, but access is blocked.

:)

TashiSherpa1, Feb 11, 2021

2. Microsoft Account not syncing WP8.1

Hi Michael,

We suggest that you manually sync your Microsoft account by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap email + accounts.
    • Tap and hold your Microsoft account.
    • Tap sync.

Check also if you have the correct date and time set on your phone.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Microsoft account profile picture

I changed my Microsoft account profile picture yesterday afternoon, my account is set to sync because before changing my account picture it was the previous one that was synced. So now it’s still the old Microsoft account picture, the store and apps show the new one but the account picture didn’t change and when I add a email account in mail, the icon is the old profile picture... so it’s like it did a 10% sync ... how long before I see the complete changes or sync.

Steven Campoli, Feb 11, 2021
  4. philc43 Win User

Microsoft account profile not syncing

Microsoft Account and Syncing

Not sure what else to suggest but since you mentioned it, try variations of the sync settings on your W8.1 phone. It is just possible that this is causing some confusion with your Microsoft account and the W10 settings.

philc43, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft account profile not syncing

1. Microsoft account profile not syncing - Similar Threads - Microsoft account profile

2. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT PROFILE

in Windows 10 Customization
    MICROSOFT ACCOUNT PROFILE: I decided to delete an e-mail address from my account profile that I no longer utilize. In doing so, I lost all e-mails prior to that time in my .aol New Mail and Old Mail files prior to that date. IS there any way to recapture them?...
  3. Synced profiles

Synced profiles: I logged on to a new computer with my account my husbands pc. I enabled the sync setting and nothing ever happened. When I was finished, I logged off as normal. Upon returning to my pc and logging in, my background, settings, and applications were all converted to the log in...
  4. User Profile Sync Not Syncing Correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Profile Sync Not Syncing Correctly: Every single time I restart my work computer it takes about 30 minutes to start back up again. It isn't until I log back into my user that the process takes nearly 30 minutes just to log on. Then once I am in, there are a TON of desktop icons that reappear (this happens each...
  5. Microsoft account profile picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account profile picture: I changed my Microsoft account profile picture yesterday afternoon, my account is set to sync because before changing my account picture it was the previous one that was synced. So now it’s still the old Microsoft account picture, the store and apps show the new one but the...
  6. Microsoft Account Profile PIcture

Microsoft Account Profile PIcture: Cant find the appropriate category to ask this question so this is where its going... This is probably a dumb question and the answer is going to end up being obvious. I don't want to change my Microsoft Account profile picture. But I can no longer find it on my hard drive....
  7. Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?: So, something a bit odd happened today: I tried signing in as usual, but a message (I didn't really get to read it fully) that went something like "unable to sign in to your Microsoft account" popped up, and all my stuff was gone. Background reset, default browser reset, etc....
  8. User profile of a Microsoft account

User profile of a Microsoft account: Hi Using the web, how do I see the public profile of a user who has a Microsoft account live.it or outlook.com or outook.it? Thanks Bye 64612
  9. Microsoft Account and Syncing

Microsoft Account and Syncing: Hi Everyone I have just discovered the sync settings in Windows 10 and found out about how I can sync my settings and themes (which I am particularly interested in) I had the settings enabled with my computer and surface also with my existing Microsoft account signed in...
  10. Microsoft Account and Syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account and Syncing: I have often wondered what happens when you upgrade Windows with regards to syncing settings etc. For Windows 10 I don't want to find that I am syncing settings from older versions of Windows or from Windows 10 beta. So how do I ensure that for the first install of...