Windows 10: microsoft account profile picture won't remove

Discus and support microsoft account profile picture won't remove in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to remove my Microsoft profile picture and put it back to just the original blue circle with my initials or the abstract figure head. In my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joeylechem, Mar 29, 2021.

1. microsoft account profile picture won't remove

Trying to remove my Microsoft profile picture and put it back to just the original blue circle with my initials or the abstract figure head.

In my account online, there is no image. On my PC the image remains, and in the settings there is no option to remove the photo - only to browse for or take a new one.

I went into C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures and deleted the picture there. No change. Restarted my PC and still change. The image still shows up in the far left of the start menu, the sign in screen, top right corner of Office apps, etc.

Any other tips for removing this photo?

:)

joeylechem, Mar 29, 2021

2. Profile picture

I tried again what was suggested about searching for my profile pictures, and I cannot find them. It won`t even allow me to change it to one of my other 2 previous ones. Also, I can`t change my lock screen picture. Maybe I need an idiot-guide! lol.

DoreenLindsay, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Microsoft account profile picture

I changed my Microsoft account profile picture yesterday afternoon, my account is set to sync because before changing my account picture it was the previous one that was synced. So now it’s still the old Microsoft account picture, the store and apps show the new one but the account picture didn’t change and when I add a email account in mail, the icon is the old profile picture... so it’s like it did a 10% sync ... how long before I see the complete changes or sync.

Steven Campoli, Mar 29, 2021
  4. SydneySiv Win User

microsoft account profile picture won't remove

Microsoft account won't remove profile picture

I've tried several times to remove my profile picture for my account through profile settings.It will remove my profile picture on that page, but once I leave the page my picture

is still visible on my account.

SydneySiv, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

microsoft account profile picture won't remove

1. microsoft account profile picture won't remove - Similar Threads - microsoft account profile

2. How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?: I tried to open the microsoft teams account of my friend on my laptop and then it became the default account of my windows laptop. I tried to switch to local account but her profile picture is still the display photo of my local account....
  3. How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?: I tried to open the microsoft teams account of my friend on my laptop and then it became the default account of my windows laptop. I tried to switch to local account but her profile picture is still the display photo of my local account....
  4. How to remove a profile picture of windows local account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft account profile picture not showing in Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account profile picture not showing in Windows: Clean installed Windows 10 and set it up with my Microsoft account and everything was good except my profile picture of my Microsoft account wasn't showing at all inside Windows. Windows apps e.g. Feedback Hub, One Drive, Microsoft Store show my profile picture, but...
  6. Microsoft account won't remove profile picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account won't remove profile picture: I've tried several times to remove my profile picture for my account through profile settings.It will remove my profile picture on that page, but once I leave the page my picture is still visible on my account....
  7. Microsoft account profile picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account profile picture: I changed my Microsoft account profile picture yesterday afternoon, my account is set to sync because before changing my account picture it was the previous one that was synced. So now it’s still the old Microsoft account picture, the store and apps show the new one but the...
  8. Microsoft Account Profile PIcture

Microsoft Account Profile PIcture: Cant find the appropriate category to ask this question so this is where its going... This is probably a dumb question and the answer is going to end up being obvious. I don't want to change my Microsoft Account profile picture. But I can no longer find it on my hard drive....
  9. Profile picture won't update

Profile picture won't update: I changed my profile picture on Microsoft.com in account settings and it worked (I removed it). But whenever I log into my computer, my old picture still shows up as my account icon. I've tried it multiple times and it won't update. Can someone please tell me what the problem...
  10. Remove profile picture from account

Remove profile picture from account: Hello, I want to remove my previous profile picture from the records of my account (See picture, highlighted in red). How do I do this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-profile-picture-from-account/33aa9c63-cf96-4b25-a0a5-ec45d98965b6