Windows 10: Microsoft Account Question

Discus and support Microsoft Account Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Will you be required in windows 10 to have an local account to use windows 10 offline and will you be able access the ms store and download apps while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meir33, Mar 26, 2015.

1. meir33 Win User

Microsoft Account Question

Will you be required in windows 10 to have an local account to use windows 10 offline and will you be able access the ms store and download apps while logged into your local account

:)

meir33, Mar 26, 2015

2. Microsoft Account Question

The issue is almost certainly in his local environment. Has he tried a different browser? Does he have 2 step authentication enabled? Is his password stored in the browser? Has he double checked caps lock, etc?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 26, 2015
  3. Microsoft Account Question

I have a client that changed the Microsoft Account password on his Windows 10 Professional desktop (he changed his login account a few months ago from local account to Microsoft account. After he made the change, he logged off and logged on with the new
    password without issue. He also logged into his Surface Pro with the new Microsoft Account password and he logs on without issue there as well. However, if he tries now to manage his Microsoft Account, when he types the new password it comes back as incorrect.
    Is it possible that the credentials have become out of sync on the Microsoft back-end servers?

Bill Driscoll, Mar 26, 2015
  4. adamf Win User

You have the choice whether to use a Microsoft account or a local account whether you are on-line or not - both work.

You can use a local account and sign in to the store (and other apps) individually see Store - Sign in with Different Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums (but you must have a Microsoft account).

The only app that doesn't work while signed on as a local account is OneDrive.

adamf, Mar 26, 2015
  5. meir33 Win User
    Thank you I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this question for a while now

meir33, Mar 26, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    OneDrive works just fine also when using a local account. The only difference is a local account user needs to tell which MS Account OneDrive will be used, instead of connecting automatically as it does when signed in with an MS Account.

You could even say that OneDrive works better for local account users because it lets them decide which OneDrive to use *Smile.

Microsoft Account Question [​IMG]

(Screenshot of OneDrive sign in dialog for local account user.)

7. adamf Win User
    Even better - I have to admit I didn't check it properly, sorry.

I converted to a local account to check the store and mail apps worked and saw an error message about not being logged into onedrive and assumed it didn't work with a local account. I stand corrected *Redface

adamf, Mar 26, 2015
  8. Microsoft Account Question

Anything you do to access MS network (onedrive, Outlook, the store ) will require a MS account whether you login using a local account or that MS account. The difference is if you login using the MS account it remains the default login and you won't be prompted when trying to access those networks. MS is planning on setting up music and photo apps that organize you photos and music into categories that can be used on all your devices (example Playlists)

orlbuckeye, Mar 26, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    If you want to use a Microsoft Account, you have to sign in at least once so that the credentials are "cached". You may have to connect to the internet periodically to refresh the credentials, but I don't know if that's a requirement. Otherwise, it will work offline.

You need a Microsoft account to make purchases in the store. This includes Free apps (which are considered a purchase even though you don't pay for it). There are some exceptions, as some apps from MS can be accessed via the store without a MS account.

Mystere, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account Question - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Question

2. Microsoft digitally linked account question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft digitally linked account question.: So my neighbours been given a computer for her kids and it looks like it was a windows 7 laptop that someone has made up an email and a phone number to install windows 10 with digital licence activation. Windows works fine but starts complaining it wants to send a text to...
  3. Question About Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question About Microsoft Account: hi, what happens if i remove my account microsoft on windows 10 settings , didn't loss any my data ? or just removed on my device laptop?or on website microsoft ?[ATTACH]thanks if supporter helps me my question![ATTACH]...
  4. Account Security Questions Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Security Questions Microsoft: I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through and changed my password and security contact information and added an authenticatin app as well as remove all trusted...
  5. Account Security Questions Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Security Questions Microsoft: I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through and changed my password and security contact information and added an authenticatin app as well as remove all trusted...
  6. Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question

Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question: Greetings everyone, I hope you are well. Recently I lost all access to my microsoft account which i'm still trying to gain access to. I'm still able to log into my pc via pin code and that is great. I keep getting alerted about the pc not being able to sign into the...
  7. Question about Microsoft account security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Microsoft account security: Hey guys. So I logged into my MS account randomly to check my recent activity. A bit of paranoia since a few months ago I had some dude trying to hack literally every account I own under the sun. (Seriously. Even useless crap like my Spotify or Town of Salem accounts) So...
  8. Microsoft account question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft account question: I wound up with 2 Microsoft accounts. Can I sign in to my second device & create another user, then delete the second account without affecting Windows 10 on either one? Then my pc & laptop could sync....
  9. Question about Microsoft Accounts

Question about Microsoft Accounts: The issue : The Taskbar crashes everyday when the Windoes Shell Experience Host stops working I have tried ALL you can imagine to fix this, even Microsoft tried to fix it and then they replaced my Surface Book 2 because they couldnt make it stop crashing. Nothing worked, I...
  10. Clean install with Microsoft Account question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install with Microsoft Account question: Hi all, When clean installing using a Microsoft Account how does Windows 10 handle your favourites/bookmarks? I have syncing turned on. During a clean installation are my favourites/bookmarks automatically restored back in to the Edge browser during the setup process or do...