Windows 10: Microsoft account required at initial setup - no way to bypass

Discus and support Microsoft account required at initial setup - no way to bypass in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I run small IT Services company (Country Computer Guy) and have install/re-installed Windows 10 many times with minimal issues. I am setting up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hujorgen, Nov 30, 2019.

1. hujorgen Win User

Microsoft account required at initial setup - no way to bypass

I run small IT Services company (Country Computer Guy) and have install/re-installed Windows 10 many times with minimal issues. I am setting up a refurbished Dell Outlet Inspiron 15 - 7573 2-in-1 laptop with a Windows 10 Home build for a customer. The laptop came directly from the DelI Outlet. I believe it to be either 1809, 1903 or possibly 1909. I don't know the build version as I can't get passed the "Sign in with Microsoft account" screen. I want to use a local account as per my customer's request. Upon power up the Microsoft setup runs as normal until it gets to creating an account. In my experience the installation/setup defaults to setting up or using a Microsoft account but there is usually a way to bypass this and use a local account instead. There are no options to bypass signing in with a Microsoft account.

I will probably sign in with my own Microsoft account and then try to create a local account.

Has anyone else seen this? is there a way to bypass signing in with a Microsoft account or is this the norm going forward?

Thank you in advance,

+=+ performed a full system reset and the setup went as normal and I was able to create a local account. +=+

Michael

:)

hujorgen, Nov 30, 2019
  2. joewestin Win User

Is there anyway to bypass the initial logon that requires a password?

I have a problem with windows 10, is there anyway to bypass the initial logon that requires a password? I’ve done google and it only indicates ‘netplwiz’, i’ve done everything that’s suggested and it still fails.

joewestin, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Microsoft account required at initial setup - no way to bypass

Is there a way to directly sign-in to without entering Microsoft account credentials

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps & check if it helps.

As an initial troubleshooting step I suggest you to try remove & re-add account & check if the issue persists.

Remove & Re-Add account:

• Open Windows Mail app.

• Click on the Settings Icon.

• Select Manage Accounts.

• Click on the account name.

• Select the option remove account & reconfigure account.
    Do keep us updated, so that we can help you further.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft account required at initial setup - no way to bypass

1. Microsoft account required at initial setup - no way to bypass - Similar Threads - Microsoft account required

2. How to Bypass Microsoft Account requirement Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Bypass Microsoft Account requirement Windows 11 Pro?: My division recently purchased 20 laptops with Windows 11 Pro. I am in charge of setting them up. These laptops will be general devices to run specific applications and multiple departments will use them. Our IT department does not provide general emails for these laptops for...
  3. How to Bypass Microsoft Account requirement Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Bypass Microsoft Account requirement Windows 11 Pro?: My division recently purchased 20 laptops with Windows 11 Pro. I am in charge of setting them up. These laptops will be general devices to run specific applications and multiple departments will use them. Our IT department does not provide general emails for these laptops for...
  4. How to bypass the Microsoft Account requirement during Windows setup

in Windows 10 News
    How to bypass the Microsoft Account requirement during Windows setup: Every few years, Microsoft is making it more difficult to create a local account during setup of the Windows operating system. [ATTACH] The company announced in February 2022 that new setups and first runs of Pro versions of Windows 11 would require a Microsoft account. It...
  5. Microsoft Account setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account setup: So - I had a Microsoft Account setup years ago and when I forgot my password I was asked lots of security questions about an old phone number from at least two houses ago in another state, etc etc. I could not remember any of this decades old info. Then it asked me to provide...
  6. Bypass windows setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Bypass windows setup: Help!!!! I recently set my dell windows 10 laptop to factory settings. It wont let me past the set up screen asking for home country/ region language etc. Seems it isn't connected to my wifi. How do I bypass to get back to wifi settings? 154418
  7. Removing Initial Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing Initial Microsoft Account: I currently have a work laptop from a previous employee, which was bought new and set up with his own personal email account. We're trying to remove it however as the laptop was started up with this email the only option we have is 'Manage', we can't delete by going through...
  8. Windows setup now REQUIRES an email address/microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows setup now REQUIRES an email address/microsoft account?: So what happened to the option to setup as a local account? If i click "learn more" it even says now that you can go in afterwards and remove the account in settings, but i dont want to have to setup a brand new account in the first place!!! Give me back the option to...
  9. Can't login Microsoft 10 for initial setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login Microsoft 10 for initial setup: Hi, I have a new laptop for my colleague, I set it up for her follow the instruction. It asked me to reset password while set up for Windows login then I followed. The next screen is asking if I have got a Microsoft account, I entered the email and it asked for password...
  10. Initial setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Initial setup: I have a Gigabyte b360m ds3h motherboard and I am trying to install windows 10 but im not sure what im doing wrong. I have my flashdrive with the windows 10 media creation tool installed and formatted to NTFS but it is not showing up as a bootable drive. when i try to boot it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 logon screen no option for local account

2. bypass windows 10 microsoft accoint 1909 home

3. Windows 10 initial setup Microsoft account bypassing

4. windows 10 setup bypass sign in with microsoft