Windows 10: Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password

Discus and support Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; New Windows 10 Home desktop. I put in Carol when it asked who would use the computer. After a restart, it showed Carol and Welcome, then I could just... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by abredt, Dec 12, 2015.

1. abredt Win User

Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password

New Windows 10 Home desktop. I put in Carol when it asked who would use the computer.
    After a restart, it showed Carol and Welcome, then I could just click on it and use it. The only user was Carol and no password was needed. That was OK.

I set a system restore point, then I set up Cortana and it asked for my Microsoft Account and Password. I already had a Microsoft account, so I entered my name - Allen Bredt - and password.
    Now there are 2 users, Carol and me. After a restart, it wants my name and password.
    I can use System Restore to go back, but then what?

I want it to just give me the desktop with no sign on required.
    Can you help me.
    Allen

:)

abredt, Dec 12, 2015

2. password

Hi,

The reason why you need to enter a password is to maintain the security of your device. This is to ensure that there's no unauthorized person can access your computer. Now, if you want to remove the password on your computer, you may simply disable it right
    away. However, before you do that, we need to get some details first. May we know what password is your computer requiring? Is it a BitLocker password or a lock screen/account sign-in password? If it's an account sign-in password, may we know if you're signing
    in using a local account or Microsoft account?

Note that if you have a local account on your PC, then your Windows password is what you use to sign in to your user account on your Windows 10 PC. If you have a Microsoft account, then your password is what you use to sign in to online Microsoft services
    and Windows on PCs and devices. You cannot remove the password of a Microsoft account since it is required.

Regards.

Marque Lor, Dec 12, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Remove the password requirement on Windows 10

If you sign in with a Microsoft Account:

Open the Settings App, go to Accounts - Sign-In Options

Change your login to a local account

Enter your Microsoft Account Login Password and leave the new password empty

At the top of that settings page set the option to require a password when you are away to never

If you sign in with a local account:

Open Control Panel, go to User Accounts

Click Change Password

Enter your old password and leave the new password box empty

DaveM121, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Allen, *Smile

It sounds like you switched your local account "Carol" to a Microsoft Account "Allen" while setting up Cortana.

If you like, you can keep using your Microsoft account and set Windows to automatically sign in to it at startup.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account Required Sign in and Password - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Required

2. Associating Windows to Microsoft Account - always require Microsoft sign-in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Associating Windows to Microsoft Account - always require Microsoft sign-in?: As a follow-up to this thread which is now locked --> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/associate-windows-10-digital-license-with-a/8adf93a4-73df-468c-b3dd-7e2595bcbbf8I am in a similar situation: I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro. I am upgrading...
  3. Associating Windows to Microsoft Account - always require Microsoft sign-in?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Associating Windows to Microsoft Account - always require Microsoft sign-in?: As a follow-up to this thread which is now locked --> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/associate-windows-10-digital-license-with-a/8adf93a4-73df-468c-b3dd-7e2595bcbbf8I am in a similar situation: I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro. I am upgrading...
  4. Microsoft Sign-in account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Sign-in account password: I created an account with Microsoft security and privacy. When I was finishing the process, after signing in the code from email address it asked for my password one last time and I put it but it said WRONG PASSWORD every single time. I thought maybe I forgot so I reset my...
  5. Password required at each sign in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required at each sign in.: How can I bypass requirements of entering password with each start up of the computer. Netplwiz no longer shows [ ] box to untick to disallow other persons signing in....
  6. Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup

Microsoft Account Password Required At Startup: My laptop has just started requesting my Microsoft Account password before it will complete the startup process. How can this password requirement be removed?...
  7. Sign-in Requiring Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign-in Requiring Password: I am signed in to a local account as administrator. Under If you've been away, when should Windows require a sign-in, Never is selected. I was forced to set up windows 10 using my windows account and to set a pin. I subsequently changed to a local account. Why does...
  8. microsoft account sign in password not found.

microsoft account sign in password not found.: After setting up a Microsoft account, I sign in with a new username and password, then confirm password can't find password that I just entered, password does not match. How can I reset my account?...
  9. Cancel password to sign in Microsoft account

Cancel password to sign in Microsoft account: Hello, How do I cancel a password to sign in. Not reset or change, cancel ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-password-to-sign-in-microsoft-account/c6b02068-1ac2-42b2-b4f1-d3767a343732
  10. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339