Windows 10: Microsoft Account Reuse Password

Discus and support Microsoft Account Reuse Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, is there a way to reuse an old password on my Windows account? I've read years before, that there is no way of reusing an old password but to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KerwinMaminta, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Microsoft Account Reuse Password

Hello, is there a way to reuse an old password on my Windows account? I've read years before, that there is no way of reusing an old password but to change 5 times. Are there any updates now?

:)

KerwinMaminta, Aug 8, 2021
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 8, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 8, 2021
  4. Microsoft Account Reuse Password

Reuse/Reset an old Password

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know how are you trying to change the Password? Using web base browser or mail client?

For now let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. I suggest you to open the outlook.com web page on the browser and log-in using the working password. Now try changing the password from the change password option and check if it helps.

• Click on the Gear and click Option.
    • Click on Account details (Password, addresses, time zone) and click on
      Security & Privacy.
    • Click on Change password and provide the credential and change the password.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Account Reuse Password

1. Microsoft Account Reuse Password - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Reuse

2. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords: So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone...
  3. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords: So I got a login attempt for an unrelated account. Out of an abundance of security I changed my hotmail password too.When I found out the unrelated account was not a real concern, I deleted that account and tried to set my hotmail password back to what it was as my phone...
  4. Hotmail Outlook Password changes No reusing old passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Account Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Password: This is a VERY detailed version of my question, a simplified version will be below this1. I made a microsoft account using my secondary email2. I used my microsoft accounts in various places, including this device, for sign in features, etc.3. Because of some difficulties, my...
  6. Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Account Password: When my computer ASUs Desktop with Windows 10 64bit restarted after installing a Microsoft update I entered my pin in the usual way , and after a few minutes delay received an on screen message which said something like "we are unable to book you in to your account" I was...
  7. Reuse Code or Restore Deleted Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reuse Code or Restore Deleted Microsoft Account: I recently deleted my Microsoft account and I forgot I claimed Minecraft: Windows 10 Editon on that account with the code I got from purchasing Java. Can I somehow contact Mojang to enable me to reuse to code or is there any way for me to restore my purchases from the deleted...
  8. Password to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password to Microsoft account: After having my computer serviced, I decided to change the password to log in. I wonder if I have to change the password on email @outlook.com or on the computer. And one more question, if I change the password online in the email, will it be a new Windows password?...
  9. Microsoft Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Password: I switched to use a local account om my PC, but I want to go back to the administrator account. I am asked to sign in which I can do so far and then it asks for my Windows password, (not my Microsoft account password) and I have no idea what it is. Is there a workaround, or...
  10. Microsoft Account Password

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Password: Is there a way to force an user to change their Microsoft Account password at next logon? 98260