Windows 10: microsoft account saved login info, can it be edited

Discus and support microsoft account saved login info, can it be edited in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok i'll try to word this to make sense. i bought a new laptop a few months ago, i'm still running win 7 on my desktops. this new lappy cam with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HackitZca, Sep 14, 2019.

1. HackitZca Win User

microsoft account saved login info, can it be edited

Ok i'll try to word this to make sense.

i bought a new laptop a few months ago, i'm still running win 7 on my desktops.

this new lappy cam with windows 10.

when i set it up, i used my gmail email, and filled in the info.

well somehow the name for the user folder was misspelled.

i don't use the lappy very much so just dealt with it.

now the lappy was really slow (turned out bitlocker was somehow turned on, that was hell to sort out as it's not an option with the home version. but i've sorted it out) so i bout more ram and an ssd drive.

did a fresh install of windows and used my gmail info to sign in, well windows kept the same mispelled name for the user folders.

so i'm going to reinstall and just use a local account. but how can i change the mispelled name for the user folder microsoft has saved and uses when i have a new rig?

hope this makes sense, search is not helping very much and i can find no place on microsoft that shows what info it uses if i create a new profile on a new computer.

Thanks

:)

HackitZca, Sep 14, 2019

2. MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 25, 2019
  3. otosnede Win User
    User account info lost after changing login email

microsoft account saved login info, can it be edited [​IMG]

I recently changed my main Microsoft account login email and after doing so, all my 10 machines no longer show my name on the login screen (shows my email address twice) or in the Start menu (only shows the email address) and as you can see in the above screenshot, permissions no longer show as my login and email address.

Things I've done so far to try and correct it:
    1. Change my account to local login, then back to my Microsoft login, which temporarily corrected it, but then after a few restarts, the info gets lost again
    2. Manually added my name in Computer Management > System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Users... this fixed it, but again, only until a restart
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and no of a way to correct it (and make it stick)?

otosnede, Sep 25, 2019
  4. microsoft account saved login info, can it be edited

Deleting Microsoft account

Hi Gene,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. However, the prompt might be because as you have mentioned that you have not logged in to the account for long period and we would need some information regarding the issue.

1. Could you please let us know where exactly you are getting the error message?
    2. Are you using Microsoft or local account to login to Windows?
    3. If Microsoft account, may I know which Microsoft account are you using to login to Windows

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to unlink your Microsoft business account from Gmail Microsoft account (If Microsoft Business account is linked to Gmail account).

1. Log on to primary
      Microsoft account
      (Gmail).
    2. Go to Your Info > Contact Info.
    3. Click on Manage email address.
    4. Then try removing secondary account.

If you are trying to remove the account from the device, we would suggest you to refer

To close your account
    under the section
    To remove an email account
    and To remove an account used by apps and check if it helps.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

microsoft account saved login info, can it be edited

1. microsoft account saved login info, can it be edited - Similar Threads - microsoft account saved

2. Can not login to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not login to my microsoft account: I uploaded a video of the issue. https://youtu.be/69BUE2x5V90 Can not login with my microsoft account, I even tried with my google account and it is not working.The only account type I can add is professional or student account that I don't have It worked before so there is...
  3. Can not login to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not login to my microsoft account: I uploaded a video of the issue. https://youtu.be/69BUE2x5V90 Can not login with my microsoft account, I even tried with my google account and it is not working.The only account type I can add is professional or student account that I don't have It worked before so there is...
  4. Can not login on my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not login on my microsoft account: I uploaded a video of the issue. https://youtu.be/69BUE2x5V90 Can not login with my microsoft account, I even tried with my google account and it is not working.The only account type I can add is professional or student account that I don't have It worked before so there is...
  5. Can not login on my microsoft account

Can not login on my microsoft account: I uploaded a video of the issue. https://youtu.be/69BUE2x5V90 Can not login with my microsoft account, I even tried with my google account and it is not working.The only account type I can add is professional or student account that I don't have It worked before so there is...
  6. Microsoft account - device info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account - device info: Hello everyone, I would like to check if this is common, the device OS edition is windows 10 while i have already upgrade to windows 11. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-device-info/fca45f8e-f4ba-456d-8ebb-8137fa7c15d8
  7. Microsoft account - device info

Microsoft account - device info: Hello everyone, I would like to check if this is common, the device OS edition is windows 10 while i have already upgrade to windows 11. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-device-info/fca45f8e-f4ba-456d-8ebb-8137fa7c15d8
  8. Microsoft Photos is not saving edits

Microsoft Photos is not saving edits: In photos if I make a crop that saves fine and opens in other programs and uploads online as cropped BUT color and exposure changes do not. It acts like it's saving but when opened in another program or uploaded it looks like nothing was done. When reopened in photos it shows...
  9. Can only login with Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can only login with Microsoft Account: I have several local accounts on my computer, but the login screen only presents my Microsoft account. There is no way to switch to one of the local accounts. Also, from within windows once logged in, I have no option to switch user when I click on my identity at the top of...
  10. Egde does not save Login info. Any fix?

in Browsers and Email
    Egde does not save Login info. Any fix?: I have my save form entries on. I do NOT have clear form data checked under clear browser data. I want cookies cleared therefore must check clear cookies and saved website data. How can I have my web site LOGIN info saved? I check remember me on each individual site. I did...