Windows 10: Microsoft account says this laptop location services are off

Discus and support Microsoft account says this laptop location services are off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; But I'm sitting here connected to the internet and location services are indeed turned on. The switch says ON. Bing and Google maps launches with a dot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kevinfreels, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Microsoft account says this laptop location services are off

But I'm sitting here connected to the internet and location services are indeed turned on. The switch says ON. Bing and Google maps launches with a dot on my location wherever i take my laptop. Directions begin where I sit. I really would like an answer to this. There seem to be a lot of people with the same problem but the threads all close without a solution.

:)

kevinfreels, Aug 11, 2021

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 11, 2021
  3. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Aug 11, 2021
  4. Microsoft account says this laptop location services are off

Cant sign into microsoft account says needs and app for the task

Hi Preston,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps provided.

Step 1.

I suggest you to run Microsoft account troubleshooter and check.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

If the issue still persist, try the below step.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to check if the Microsoft Account Sig-in Assistant service is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and type
      services.msc
      and hit enter.

• Now locate for Microsoft Account Sig-in Assistant
      and right click on it.

• Now click on start to start the service.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft account says this laptop location services are off

1. Microsoft account says this laptop location services are off - Similar Threads - Microsoft account says

2. Microsoft says I'm in the wrong location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft says I'm in the wrong location: According to Microsoft, recently while I'm home I'm supposedly in a state 3 states away I haven't been to in 20+ years so no affiliation there. but when I move my laptop to a different location like say, my parents' house a few hundred feet away and connect to their router it...
  3. Microsoft says I'm in the wrong location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft says I'm in the wrong location: According to Microsoft, recently while I'm home I'm supposedly in a state 3 states away I haven't been to in 20+ years so no affiliation there. but when I move my laptop to a different location like say, my parents' house a few hundred feet away and connect to their router it...
  4. Location services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location services: You ask microsoft for instructions. Microsoft responds with questions. I do not believe microsoft tech support people know how to resolve any issue I cannot set my location I cannot install updates I look at tutorials and people asks questios and then microsoft agents ask...
  5. Location services

Location services: You ask microsoft for instructions. Microsoft responds with questions. I do not believe microsoft tech support people know how to resolve any issue I cannot set my location I cannot install updates I look at tutorials and people asks questios and then microsoft agents ask...
  6. Location service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location service: Hi guys, I just lost my laptop last week and I tried using the track my laptop or sort of find my device feature but I have turned off location service on that laptop. There are quite a lot of my family photos especially my late father's photos in where I backed up all the...
  7. Cortana doesn't work with location services turned off?

Cortana doesn't work with location services turned off?: I recently switched from a windows phone to android... I loved my windows phone and the assistant, talk to text is essential to me. I work with sticky fingers all day and it's best if I reduce the amount of time I touch it. Anyway, trying to avoid the google dominance I tried...
  8. Location Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Location Service: I can't turn location on. I get a message that "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I am the organization, how do I set up an organization?...
  9. Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Location Services in Windows 10 Some apps need to know when youre in a specific location to work correctly. For instance, if youve asked an app to remind you to buy bread when youre in the...
  10. Location Service

in Windows 10 Support
    Location Service: I have location for device ON, location for maps ON. When I try to show my location in Map I get the following message: We're not allowed to find you, Location settings are turned off for Maps. To help us find you, change this in Settings. Anyone know how to fix this? 42317