Windows 10: Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Discus and support Microsoft account security code - WHY? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In removing Windows Insider version from my Surface Book (was in fast ring- had numerous instabilities ) and resetting back to 'vanilla' Windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobJLau, Dec 3, 2019.

1. RobJLau Win User

Microsoft account security code - WHY?

In removing Windows Insider version from my Surface Book (was in fast ring- had numerous instabilities ) and resetting back to 'vanilla' Windows 10 Pro, I had to access my account for Bitlocker key. Easy to get to on my Asus Laptop (that I have had unmodified for years), EXCEPT for MS insisting I had to verify my identity with alternative stored email address. OK, I understand this is MS policy, but when I had to enter a new bitlocker code after Surface Book had been 'reset", I had to go through the same process again - on the same unmodified laptop - that was still logged in to my MS account settings. And then when I wanted to check my Privacy and Security settings - from the same webpage - it required yet another verification. I always check the box for don't ask me again on this device and that does NOT work - MS Edge being used.

WHY? Why so many times verifying on the same computer left online / logged into my MS account / in the space of 1-2 hours?

Better yet, can anyone post information on how I can turn this down or off?

:)

RobJLau, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Microsoft account verification procedure

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

I understand that this can be frustrating, we will look into this for you. In order to narrow down the issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below,

1. Was the system reset successful?
    2. When are you being requested for a 4 digit code?

I would suggest you to check this article on
    When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account
    , kindly check the section 'If you can't remember your password, reset it' and see if it is helpful to you. For further information, you may also refer this article on

Microsoft account security info & security codes

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Microsoft account security code - WHY? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft account security code - WHY? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account security

2. why Microsoft account security code did not work on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why Microsoft account security code did not work on computer: I use security code but unfortunately twice it showed wrong code though code was correct. In third attempt I tried text code on cell phone but did not receive therefore, again I tried by security and it worked. Nothing changed here, computer is same, my log in method is same...
  3. why Microsoft account security code did not work on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why Microsoft account security code did not work on computer: I use security code but unfortunately twice it showed wrong code though code was correct. In third attempt I tried text code on cell phone but did not receive therefore, again I tried by security and it worked. Nothing changed here, computer is same, my log in method is same...
  4. why Microsoft account security code did not work on computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Didn't get the Microsoft account security code.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Didn't get the Microsoft account security code.: So I try to log in right and there is the security code and I press sent but I didn't get whyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/didnt-get-the-microsoft-account-security-code/b1647115-6787-47c6-ba19-f87fa6a5378c
  6. Account Security Code

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Security Code: I was going to change some privacy settings in my account, so I signed in to my account, but couldn't progress to the info I needed. When I clicked on the appropriate button it took me to a different Microsoft account page, and asked me to sign in again. When I did, I got...
  7. Secure my account with microsoft

Secure my account with microsoft: Hi I have Microsoft account connect to https://statusphobia.com/, I have cyber attack last night. Kindly tell me safety steps to secure my acc. Help Thanks...
  8. I dont receive microsoft account security codes

I dont receive microsoft account security codes: I have checked spam, all possible emails. I resend it as many times as i want but i still dont get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-receive-microsoft-account-security-codes/5972f398-b016-4204-a693-b54af2ea1f00"
  9. Microsoft security code problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft security code problem: After updating BIOS on Windows 10 computer, the initial Windows Login PIN did not work and was asked to reset. This required me to log into my email at which point a security code was necessary. I selected delivery of the code to my email account email but the code received...
  10. Microsoft Security Code

Microsoft Security Code: I am trying to make a purchase in the Microsoft store, but when signing in to my account, it asks to send a security code to my phone number. Because I am outside of the US at the moment, I cannot receive texts. I tried to change the security method to my G-mail account, and...