Windows 10: Microsoft Account Security Hole

Discus and support Microsoft Account Security Hole in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was getting a lot of "Single use code" emails saying:We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.etc.So as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David Snape1, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Microsoft Account Security Hole

I was getting a lot of "Single use code" emails saying:We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.etc.So as it was linked to an old email address I decide to update my email address.on my microsoft account.I do this and I get a verify email to my NEW email address.So if someone had accessed my account and changed the email address they would be gettingall my warnings etc.Surely it would make sense to have the verify email go to the OLD email address first -EG ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ACCOUTN EMAIL TO THIS NEW ADDRESS.

:)

David Snape1, Feb 29, 2024
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Feb 29, 2024
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft Account Security Hole

1. Microsoft Account Security Hole - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Security

2. Microsoft Account Security Hole

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Security Hole: I was getting a lot of "Single use code" emails saying:We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.etc.So as it was linked to an old email address I decide to update my email address.on my microsoft account.I do this and I get a verify...
  3. Microsoft Account Security Hole

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Security Hole: I was getting a lot of "Single use code" emails saying:We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account.etc.So as it was linked to an old email address I decide to update my email address.on my microsoft account.I do this and I get a verify...
  4. How do I prevent this security hole?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent this security hole?: Windows 11 prevented me from completing installation until I gave it a PIN. That's a bad idea, since that bypasses the username/password requirement to log in to this organization's equipment, so I need to remove it. How is this accomplished? Also, please don't try to justify...
  5. How do I prevent this security hole?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent this security hole?: Windows 11 prevented me from completing installation until I gave it a PIN. That's a bad idea, since that bypasses the username/password requirement to log in to this organization's equipment, so I need to remove it. How is this accomplished? Also, please don't try to justify...
  6. SEVERE security hole in Microsoft Security Essentials; how to load a fresh signature database?

SEVERE security hole in Microsoft Security Essentials; how to load a fresh signature database?: I've been using MSE on a Win 7 64-bit system since about 2010. Whenever it flags malware, I move the flagged file into a directory full of malware, to use to train an intrusion-detection program I developed. This means I must always select "allow" in MSE, or else I won't...
  7. Clear "Text Suggestions" cache for Hardware Keyboard - Security hole

Clear "Text Suggestions" cache for Hardware Keyboard - Security hole: I've just been upgraded to Windows 10 (May edition) from Windows 7. Having switched on "Show text suggestions" under Typing > Hardware keyboard I have found what I consider a potential security hole. At some point during setup I must have missed a tab when entering a User...
  8. NCC Group to audit OpenSSL for security holes

in Windows 10 News
    NCC Group to audit OpenSSL for security holes: OpenSSL, arguably the world's most important Web security library with its support for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) in such popular Web servers as Apache and Nginx, has had real trouble. First, there was HeartBleed and more recently there is...
  9. FREAK: Another day, another serious SSL security hole

in Windows 10 News
    FREAK: Another day, another serious SSL security hole: It seemed like such a good idea in the early 90s. Secure-Socket Layer (SSL) encryption was brand new and the National Security Agency (NSA) wanted to make sure that they could read "secured" web traffic by foreign nationals. So, the NSA got Netscape to agree to deploy 40-bit...
  10. Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops

in Windows 10 News
    Dell acknowledges security hole in new laptops: Major U.S. computer company Dell Inc [DI.UL] said on Monday a security hole exists in some of its recently shipped laptops that could make it easy for hackers to access users’ private data. A pre-installed program on some newly purchased Dell laptops that can only be...