Windows 10: Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?

Discus and support Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I set up a Microsoft account in my name and purchased Minecraft for my son. I used his age on the Microsoft account in error and now can’t change it as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BelindaSin, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?

I set up a Microsoft account in my name and purchased Minecraft for my son. I used his age on the Microsoft account in error and now can’t change it as it thinks I’m not an adult. How on earth do I get it changed to the correct age?If I delete the account then he can’t access Minecraft.

:)

BelindaSin, Sep 5, 2021
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Changing a child's age

Hi Jeff,

Creating a child account allows you to block adult websites or specify which sites you want your kids to see. You can also set screen time limits to make sure they're not spending too much time in the virtual world. To change the age of a child account, kindly
    click this
    link
    and follow the steps provided.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Sep 5, 2021
  3. How to change child account to adult

Hi Brookelynn,

Your Xbox Live account age will be based from the Date of Birth that you entered when you created your Xbox Live profile online. Once the account reaches the age of 18 years old, it will automatically change to adult.

If you accidentally set up an incorrect Date of Birth on the account, you have to wait for the account to become an adult or create a new account with the correct Date of Birth. However, if your account shows the correct Date of Birth and the system recognizes
    it as child account, you can promote the child account to adult by adding a payment instrument and a billing information to your Microsoft Account. You can go to this

link
    and follow the steps to add a payment instrument to your account.

You may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 5, 2021
  4. C_McD Win User

Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?

Child Microsoft Account

HI

I set up a child account with the correct birthdate that shows my childs age as 12y old - however it lists him as an Adult - How do I change him to a child.

C_McD, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change?

1. Microsoft Account set up with child’s age. How to change? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account set

2. Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?: I have been trying to update the age of a child account in my family however there is no option to do so. According to another previous help article there should be an option on this page to update the childs details.These are all the options which are avalible to me however...
  3. Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I change the age of a child account in a family?: I have been trying to update the age of a child account in my family however there is no option to do so. According to another previous help article there should be an option on this page to update the childs details.These are all the options which are avalible to me however...
  4. Change age of "child" back to adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  5. Change age of "child" back to adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  6. Change age of "child" back to adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. changing a childs age

changing a childs age: how can i change the age of my child so they can access things like Xbox insiders hub? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-childs-age/72c8dce8-c431-4e83-be33-2d5b9ca8f826
  8. How to set up a child account

How to set up a child account: I'm having trouble setting up a child account on a Windows 10 machine. I'm prompted to add a child, but the system won't accept the account because the email account isn't a Microsoft account, and I don't plan to give him a Microsoft account. So if I select instead the...
  9. Setting up Child accounts on a Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up Child accounts on a Laptop: How can I share Apps and software on my children's login on our family laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-child-accounts-on-a-laptop/39cb219c-3b9e-4843-acf6-885725d87f58
  10. How to stop kids editing their age in child accounts?

How to stop kids editing their age in child accounts?: Hi, I have just set up a child account for my son (12), and it appears he is able to log into his Microsoft account and change his age, thereby removing himself from the Family settings I have in place. How is this even possible? It seems there is no way for me, the adult his...