Windows 10: Microsoft account settings lost.

Discus and support Microsoft account settings lost. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So yesterday my laptop just down itself, since it didn't have any battery. Today I started it as I usually do and log on to see the default windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bobata, May 4, 2020.

1. Bobata Win User

Microsoft account settings lost.

So yesterday my laptop just down itself, since it didn't have any battery.

Today I started it as I usually do and log on to see the default windows desktop and all of my icons gone.

There was a notification that said :

Microsoft account problem

We need to fix your Microsoft account your password has probably been changed. Select here to fix in the Shared experiences settings.

I did that, but nothing changed. Another thing that I noticed is that applications, such as ms teams don't show up in the search bar.

:)

Bobata, May 4, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 4, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 4, 2020
  4. Microsoft account settings lost.

Microsoft account set as a work account and a Microsoft Account

Hi Dean,

As per the description, I suggest that you sign out of one of the accounts and sign into the account again. This will help us to know if the account used in either of the account is not the same.

To sign-out of the Microsoft Account follow the steps below

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft account settings lost.

1. Microsoft account settings lost. - Similar Threads - Microsoft account settings

2. Microsoft have "lost" my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft have "lost" my account: I need to change password on a long standing IMAP account forgotten it! but although I receive messages on this account, microsoft recovery page tells me that this account simply doesn't even exist!* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  3. Microsoft have "lost" my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft have "lost" my account: I need to change password on a long standing IMAP account forgotten it! but although I receive messages on this account, microsoft recovery page tells me that this account simply doesn't even exist!* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  4. Lost access to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost access to Microsoft account: A few days ago I received a notification that I was signed out of my one drive account. Once I tried to log back into my Microsoft account it says that there are no accounts associated with my email, would you like to get a new one. If I click on get a new one I then get a...
  5. Lost Microsoft Store Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Lost Microsoft Store Account: Basically I got a new windows on my computer and now I don't know what gmail is my game on microsoft store because I got multiple gmails.. I tried looking at every gmail and now I just don't know if it is supposed to show that I have bought the game or does it just delete it...
  6. Lost access to Microsoft Store account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Lost access to Microsoft Store account: Recently, an old computer I had broke. On that computer, there was a Microsoft account that had I purchased Minecraft Windows 10 edition with. Since I no longer have the computer, is it still possible for me to access my Microsoft Store account from another computer?...
  7. Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role: A week ago I had Administrator rights on this PC. For reasons unknown they have disappeared. I am no longer able to open downloaded apps. I have followed many fixes offered by Microsoft and others but in the end get to "Access Denied" or yet another request to log in to MS...
  8. Microsoft account settings

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft account settings: Windows 10 Home version 1903.For the past 3-4 weeks when I open my Email,there is a message saying "Your Outlook account settings are out of date"with a button to fix the account.This then asks for the password and when entered it says your account is now fixed.The problem is...
  9. Microsoft account settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft account settings: Hi there, I keep getting notification for account issues. when I go into setting and hit 'fix', it tells me that 'something went wrong' with code 0x80090016 machine still functions but the notifications continue to linger.....
  10. Lost account info in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost account info in Microsoft Store: I am setting up my first Windows 10 computer, having been on Windows 7 for a number of years, and I have run into a problem with the Microsoft Store. I have never had a Microsoft account before but I decided to go with the flow and allow my user accounts to be Microsoft...