Windows 10: Microsoft account settings

Discus and support Microsoft account settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I keep getting notification for account issues. when I go into setting and hit 'fix', it tells me that 'something went wrong' with code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristianVan Reede, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Microsoft account settings

Hi there,

I keep getting notification for account issues. when I go into setting and hit 'fix', it tells me that 'something went wrong' with code

0x80090016

machine still functions but the notifications continue to linger..

:)

ChristianVan Reede, Oct 13, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Microsoft account set as a work account and a Microsoft Account

Hi Dean,

As per the description, I suggest that you sign out of one of the accounts and sign into the account again. This will help us to know if the account used in either of the account is not the same.

To sign-out of the Microsoft Account follow the steps below

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Microsoft account settings

Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft account settings

1. Microsoft account settings - Similar Threads - Microsoft account settings

2. Security settings microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security settings microsoft account: We need some help resolving an issue. My Son's Microsoft account only had one security device. His old phone number.He now has a different phone number so we tried to change the security information.We have added his g-mail account as an alternative and offcourse also want to...
  3. Security settings microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security settings microsoft account: We need some help resolving an issue. My Son's Microsoft account only had one security device. His old phone number.He now has a different phone number so we tried to change the security information.We have added his g-mail account as an alternative and offcourse also want to...
  4. Setting up new Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up new Microsoft Account: I can't believe I'm posting this question when there's no service. Oh well, I have a Microsoft and Xbox account tied to my personal email which my son uses. Not knowing what we were doing 10 years ago when he got an Xbox for Christmas we used my email setting it up. It...
  5. Remove Microsoft accounts from the settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Microsoft accounts from the settings: Good morning. I ask how to avoid the Microsoft account window in the settings. When I install with the connected network, in the settings window I get the Microsoft account request and I don't know how to remove it. When I install without the connected network it does not...
  6. Microsoft account settings lost.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account settings lost.: So yesterday my laptop just down itself, since it didn't have any battery. Today I started it as I usually do and log on to see the default windows desktop and all of my icons gone. There was a notification that said : Microsoft account problem We need to fix your...
  7. Microsoft account settings for Minecraft PS4

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account settings for Minecraft PS4: I am trying to access to servers on Minecraft for PS4. I already logged with Microsoft Account and game asked me to go to https://aka.ms/accountsettings. To reveiw and change privacy policy. I went to aka.ms/accountsettings for privacy but do not know what and where to...
  8. Microsoft account settings

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft account settings: Windows 10 Home version 1903.For the past 3-4 weeks when I open my Email,there is a message saying "Your Outlook account settings are out of date"with a button to fix the account.This then asks for the password and when entered it says your account is now fixed.The problem is...
  9. Microsoft Mail account settings problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail account settings problem: Hello, I have a problem setting an account with Microsoft Mail - the password i enter works only once - then it's replaced by something else (I thinks it gets doubled) and I have to reset the password each time I want to check the email. (I save the correct password in the...
  10. Settings for Microsoft Account Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Settings for Microsoft Account Problem: On New Notifications dropdown I am receiving the following information: Microsoft Account Problem "We need to fix your Microsoft account (most likely your password changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experiences settings." My question: Is it safe to Select it?...