Windows 10: Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

Discus and support Microsoft Account Setup New Computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jackman33, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Jackman33 Win User

Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and running?

:)

Jackman33, Jun 11, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jun 11, 2019
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

1. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Setup

2. How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account: When setting up a new Windows computer you will nearly always be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account to continue.What if you don’t have a microsoft account, and what if you don’t want one.There is a very simple solution and you can avoid messing around with command...
  3. How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account: When setting up a new Windows computer you will nearly always be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account to continue.What if you don’t have a microsoft account, and what if you don’t want one.There is a very simple solution and you can avoid messing around with command...
  4. How to setup a new computer without a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New computer setup stuck on Microsoft PIN

New computer setup stuck on Microsoft PIN: I’m trying to setup a new Lenovo laptop for my son. He made a new Microsoft account, but we can’t get past the Microsoft PIN portion of the startup. If you try to create a PIN it says there’s a problem and you can’t, if you click the ‘skip’ button it takes you back to the...
  6. New computer setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer setup: I bought my wife a laptop and to set it up, I used my microsoft login. This set me up as Administrator. To get her to use the computer, I created a local account with a pin. Now she is using the computer, everything on MY computer, email etc has her name. I tried loging in,...
  7. New computer setup

New computer setup: I bought my wife a laptop and to set it up, I used my microsoft login. This set me up as Administrator. To get her to use the computer, I created a local account with a pin. Now she is using the computer, everything on MY computer, email etc has her name. I tried loging in,...
  8. New computer setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    New computer setup: My husband bought a new computer last week and set it up following all direction prompts. He was able to sign in and use the computer that evening. Since then it will not accept his login pin #, To reset that, he needed to sign into his Outlook account. It won't accept...
  9. New laptop setup - Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New laptop setup - Microsoft Account: hi, I have recently purchased a second laptop for another member of my family. They have their own email address, but the Microsoft account is in my name. Do i setup the laptop in my account name still? also are they able to add their email account in Outlook once its...
  10. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Setup New Computer: When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and running? 134491

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Setting up new computer with same microsoft account