Windows 10: Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

Discus and support Microsoft Account Setup New Computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jackman33, Jun 11, 2019 at 5:12 PM.

1. Jackman33 Win User

Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and running?

:)

2. Andre Da Costa, Jun 11, 2019 at 5:17 PM
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jun 11, 2019 at 5:17 PM
  4. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Thema:

Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

1. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Setup

2. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Setup New Computer: When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and running? 134491
  3. Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer will not sync with Microsoft account?: So, something a bit odd happened today: I tried signing in as usual, but a message (I didn't really get to read it fully) that went something like "unable to sign in to your Microsoft account" popped up, and all my stuff was gone. Background reset, default browser reset, etc....
  4. New PC setup first user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New PC setup first user account: I just bought a new PC with Win10 Home Premium and went through the initial setup process using my primary Microsoft email address. I am now set up as an administrator but for safety and security reasons, would prefer to use a standard account. How can I dissociate my name...
  5. account setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    account setup: My wife has a Microsoft account on my laptop. I now got her a separate laptop. I created her Microsoft account on it but when the screen opens up it does not load her personalized account that includes Office, etc. What do I need to do to get them connected?...
  6. Computer not updating to new Microsoft Account password

Computer not updating to new Microsoft Account password: I have recently updated the password on my Microsoft Account. This is the login that I use on a desktop and a Surface. After about 2 hours the password of the Surface changed to the new one, but after 2 days the desktop is still using the old password. Is there any reason...
  7. Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account

Old microsoft account vs new microsoft account: I keep getting asked to log into an account that I no longer have for Microsoft. I thought when a support staff person help me switch to the new account that the old one was going to either be deleted or would be merged with me new account. But Microsoft continues to ask me...
  8. Unable to setup new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to setup new user account: I had another issues prior to this one that I posted about yesterday and now this is a new issue that popped up as a result. Right now the only user account on my machine is the system admin account, which I had to setup to get admin permissions going on my computer. Now...
  9. Cannot Link Microsoft Account / Setup Cortana !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Link Microsoft Account / Setup Cortana !!: Hello, Could someone help me please. I'm trying to setup Cortana and have been doing for some time now. I've fixed the issues regarding "Not Available in your Country / Region" by setting all my settings to UK and made sure they're all the same. NOW MY ISSUE is that...
  10. New Computer setup please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Computer setup please help: I hope you can help with this. I am setting up my new laptop and one of the software I installed is Cyberlink Power2Go. I use external burner, hence the laptop does not have optical drive. For this reason during startup of the computer, it is coming to say "No burner...