Windows 10: Microsoft account shows two computers instead of one.

Discus and support Microsoft account shows two computers instead of one. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was in my Microsoft account tonight and realized there are two computers plus my laptop listed as devices instead of just one PC and laptop. The one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JCMCG00, Sep 21, 2019.

1. JCMCG00 Win User

Microsoft account shows two computers instead of one.

I was in my Microsoft account tonight and realized there are two computers plus my laptop listed as devices instead of just one PC and laptop. The one with the same serial number as mine doesn't have the latest Windows update. The other, with a different serial number and build, is current on the update (v. 1903). Where did this come from? Should I remove this device?

:)

JCMCG00, Sep 21, 2019

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Microsoft Account Sign in instead

Hi Kaleb,

Do you get any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message?

Are you trying to convert the local account to Microsoft Account?

I would suggest you to test the issue by creating a new Microsoft Account and check if it works. To create a new user account, refer to these steps:

• In start menu search type “user” without quotes.
    • Click on Add, edit, or remove other users from the list of results.
    • Under Other users, click on Add someone else to this PC.
    • Follow on screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Microsoft account shows two computers instead of one.

Cannot sign in using a microsoft account instead after upgrading to windows 10

Hi,

I request you to convert the current Microsoft account to a local account and back to a Microsoft account. While converting back to a Microsoft account give your
    new Microsoft login credentials.

Follow the steps below to convert Microsoft account to a local account:

• Press Windows key and type
      settings and select it.
    • Select Accounts and click on
      sign in with a local account instead
      , follow on screen instructions.
    Follow the steps below to convert local account to a Microsoft account (Provide your new Microsoft login credentials).

• Press Windows key and type
      settings and select it.
    • Select Accounts and click on
      sign in with a Microsoft account instead
      , follow on screen instructions.
    I suggest you to refer the below article.

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12429/microsoft-account-sign-in-cant

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft account shows two computers instead of one.

1. Microsoft account shows two computers instead of one. - Similar Threads - Microsoft account shows

2. Removing Microsoft Account from One of Two Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Microsoft Account from One of Two Computers: I have given my old laptop to my husband and set up a Microsoft Account/Profile for him for use on that laptop. Can I now safely remove my Microsoft Account from that laptop without it being deleted on my laptop? In other words, will removing an account from one computer...
  3. MineCraft - One Computer - Two Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MineCraft - One Computer - Two Accounts: Dear All Hope you can help. I purchased MineCraft Java for my son. It is installed on my computer. On my computer there are two accounts logins, my account and my son's account. We alway have to log out of my sign-in and sign back in as him to let him play. Can can...
  4. Merging two microsoft accounts into one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Merging two microsoft accounts into one: To clarify. I have two Microsoft accounts, one built around an incredibly old hotmail email I no longer use, and another built with my current, professional-used email. The issue lies in that due to all the automatic assignment, some of my services are associated with one,...
  5. One Microsoft account, two PCs?

One Microsoft account, two PCs?: Let's say someone knows my Microsoft account data and logs in with my account on another PC kilometers away from mine. Will I receive a notification about this activity? Can the person change something in my PC settings (e.g. admin rights, account type on my PC)? Ein...
  6. Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account

Two Computer Logins With One Microsoft Account: I have a computer with two logins: one for me, and one for other users. The one for other users is a local account, and the other is signed in with a Microsoft account. However, I signed in to my Microsoft account on the local account and cannot remove it via Settings,...
  7. Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email

Two Microsoft Accounts, One Email: I appear to have two Microsoft Accounts linked to the same email address. One is the account I set up myself using my work email address. The other appears to be an account that my IT Department has set up using my email address. Is there a way to combine these or any...
  8. Linking two microsoft accounts to one

Linking two microsoft accounts to one: Hi microsoft community, I would like to know that if I have two microsoft accounts and I want to link them to one account i.e. making one primary account, how can this be done? I know the process of adding another email to your outlook mail, but I'm not looking for that...
  9. Two Windows 10 Computers on one Microsoft Account

Two Windows 10 Computers on one Microsoft Account: I have two computers (desktop and laptop). Both are running Windows 10, but when I check my Microsoft account only the laptop appears in my list of devices. I use the same Microsoft account on both devices. I even logged into my Microsoft account from the desktop and it...
  10. Windows logs into two user accounts instead of one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows logs into two user accounts instead of one: The issue is like this: 1 I log into account A. 2 I reboot and log into account B 3 When I open task manager and go to Users tab, it shows both A and B. Account A is disconnected but using plenty of CPU and RAM 4 I reboot and log into B again. This time, only B is...