Windows 10: Microsoft Account Sign In on Windows 10 not working

Discus and support Microsoft Account Sign In on Windows 10 not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just realized that I cannot sign in using Microsoft Account on my Microsoft Store and Windows 10 and even Cortana. Currently it is using a Local... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EdisonWong, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Microsoft Account Sign In on Windows 10 not working

I just realized that I cannot sign in using Microsoft Account on my Microsoft Store and Windows 10 and even Cortana. Currently it is using a Local Account instead.

On Change Account Settings, I click on Sign in with Microsoft Account instead. It ask for my microsoft account login and after I key in the password, the login screen just disappear and nothing else happen. No changes in Account and didn't say anything. I know my login credential is correct as I can login with the same Microsoft account for any microsoft service online.

For Microsoft Store and Cortana, It pop up an error 0x801901f4.

I have tried resetting Microsoft Store, reinstall microsoft store also.

What I needed is to be able to download the games I have purchased from Microsoft store account. The purchase from Microsoft Store Online was easy, but you make it so difficult to download it. I need to get some many problem fixed before I can download.

:)

EdisonWong, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 25, 2020
  3. BIGPOB247 Win User
    Signing wont work, Microsoft account vie windows 10!!!!!

Can't sign in to any Microsoft account vie windows 10!!!!! I've tried all the listed suggestions

BIGPOB247, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Microsoft Account Sign In on Windows 10 not working

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Account Sign In on Windows 10 not working

1. Microsoft Account Sign In on Windows 10 not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Sign

2. Minecraft Microsoft account sign in not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Microsoft account sign in not working: I'm trying to log into minecraft using my microsoft account, but whenever I click the "sign in with microsoft account" it pops up with a grey screen and nothing happens....
  3. Minecraft Microsoft account sign in not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Microsoft account sign in not working: I'm trying to log into minecraft using my microsoft account, but whenever I click the "sign in with microsoft account" it pops up with a grey screen and nothing happens....
  4. Microsoft account sign-in on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account sign-in on Windows 10: I have a new laptop and cannot sign-in to my Microsoft account. I know that I have the correct user name and password because I can sign into the account from my browser as well as on another laptop. The problem began when I created a local account and then, when I...
  5. sign in with a Microsoft account instead *not working*!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sign in with a Microsoft account instead *not working*!: when i go to settings -> accounts. then click sign in with a Microsoft account instead, a tab pops up saying "you need to install an app for this task"."would you like to search for one in the store?" so i click yes. then the Microsoft store opens up and then says "try that...
  6. Sign with Microsoft account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign with Microsoft account in Windows 10: I just noticed that I have 2 microsoft account and the one that I used to log in to my Asus Laptop is the microsoft account that I never used at all let's say it's A. Now I want to migrate all windows settings and data to other microsoft account B. Is it possible if I...
  7. Signed into Microsoft Account but windows 10 security states not signed in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed into Microsoft Account but windows 10 security states not signed in: I am signed in to my Microsoft Account, yet Windows 10 Security page states I am not signed it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signed-into-microsoft-account-but-windows-10/a3052344-9911-4d78-a03d-b60fd995f70f"
  8. Signing in with a Microsoft Account - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in with a Microsoft Account - Windows 10: When I try to switch from a local account to my Microsoft Account, I am unable to do so as it keeps stating the password is wrong. The password is correct as I can sign in to every other Microsoft password protected service. The Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant service...
  9. Signing-in to Microsoft Account - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing-in to Microsoft Account - Windows 10: I just opened my outlook.com Inbox, clicked on a Community notification email and this appeared: [ATTACH] This is the first time that I've seen this - is it a new safety measure? I've not read about it....
  10. Windows 10 and Microsoft Account Sign-in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 and Microsoft Account Sign-in: Somehow along the way Microsoft made me create a new password for my Microsoft Outlook email account because they thought it was being accessed by a stranger! I think the stranger was me using my Amazon Fire Tablet while on vacation. Anyway, I now have one password to log...