Windows 10: Microsoft account sign in option missing

Discus and support Microsoft account sign in option missing in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a local account with a sign in password for boot up. After a recent major MS update, I no longer have an option to sign in at boot up using... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mustang, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Mustang Win User

Microsoft account sign in option missing

I have a local account with a sign in password for boot up.

After a recent major MS update, I no longer have an option to sign in at boot up using my Microsoft account.

When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options ... this is what I see.

Any suggestions to resovle this and restore MS account sign in?

If I go to Email app accounts > Add an account ... A new window flashes on the screen and disappears.

:)

Mustang, Aug 31, 2017
  2. Jessen P Win User

Sign in option reverted to Microsoft account sign in instead of the log on code that is programmed

Hi,

Since you have programmed the log on code and that is what is not working then I would request you to provide the query in Technet forums for better assistance.

Technet forums - Windows 10 General

Thank you.

Jessen P, Aug 31, 2017
  3. tbone148 Win User
    Sign in option reverted to Microsoft account sign in instead of the log on code that is programmed

None of the fixes suggested seemed to work for me, but I contacted Microsoft phone support and a very amiable gal helped me through to a fix. She walked me through a system scan of some kind which included a fix for the problem. Something must have corrupted
    because not only were pic files not opening, but access to the Store was not working and neither was the pin code for log on. The scan directed by the gal at Microsoft fixed up EVERYTHING. Very happy with the help desk.

tbone148, Aug 31, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

That option is to add a separate account. To change from local to MS, go to "your info" page.

cereberus, Aug 31, 2017
  5. Mustang Win User
    Since posting I added another account of my user name.

When I went to the Info option previously, there was no option to sign in to MS account. Since adding another person account, the Info button now shows the option to sign in with MS account which was not there before.

Cheers

Mustang, Aug 31, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    You must have missed it or something glitched.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft account sign in option missing - Similar Threads - Microsoft account sign

2. Sign in with a Microsoft account missing?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with a Microsoft account missing?: Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Your info.Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. You'll see this link only if you're using a local account.Note: If you see Sign in with a local account instead, you're already using your Microsoft account.Follow the prompts to...
  3. Sign in with a Microsoft account missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in with a Microsoft account missing?: Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Your info.Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. You'll see this link only if you're using a local account.Note: If you see Sign in with a local account instead, you're already using your Microsoft account.Follow the prompts to...
  4. Sign in with a Microsoft account missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sign in option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in option is missing: How can I get to computer if the sign in option is missing? I tried to restart multiple times already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-missing/718932b5-14b1-43b0-813c-c8b4e811790d
  6. sign in option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign in option is missing: How can I get to computer if the sign in option is missing? I tried to restart multiple times already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-missing/718932b5-14b1-43b0-813c-c8b4e811790d
  7. sign in option is missing

8. Missing "Sign In WIth Local Account Instead" Option

Missing "Sign In WIth Local Account Instead" Option: I've been trying to sign out of my Microsoft Account that was connected to my Windows PC for the past few hours now, because I didn't think signing into the Xbox app would switch my ENTIRE PC into an online account they should change that. I didn't see this as much of a...
  9. "sign in with local account instead" option missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "sign in with local account instead" option missing: After a recent Windows update one of our employees signed into his Microsoft account thinking he could just grab some files from his account then sign back out. Now his personal account is permanently tied to the admin account on that workstation. MS removed the option in the...
  10. sign-on options missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    sign-on options missing: Why don't I have sign-on options when I boot up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-on-options-missing/dcbab909-36d6-44b7-ad60-058d92b5c1e3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in with a microsoft account is missing

2. missing Sign in with Microsoft Account Instead

3. sig in with a microsoft account missing

4. sign with microsoft account missing,
  5. windows 10 missing option to log in with ms account,
  6. sign in with microsoft account missing,
  7. microsoft login option to sign into current account is missing