Windows 10: Microsoft Account sign in preference

Discus and support Microsoft Account sign in preference in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two aliases under sign in preferences. I am getting rid of an email address so added the new email address to my account aliases but it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Notatechie_7, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Microsoft Account sign in preference

I have two aliases under sign in preferences. I am getting rid of an email address so added the new email address to my account aliases but it won't let me select the new address as my sign in preference on Windows 10?

:)

Notatechie_7, Oct 3, 2018
  2. colion Win User

Sign-in Preferences

I have not gotten my head around Microsoft's Account settings and think I might have messed things up. I created a couple of outlook.com email aliases and then opened the "Change Sign-in Preferences" section where it suggests to only allow email addresses that are monitored. So I did that and checked off the addresses that I don't monitor. I realized later that I would like to reverse that action but find that the aliases are no longer listed and I cannot remake them because Microsoft says that they are taken. Is there anyway to reactivate the aliases that I checked off in the "Change Sign-in Preferences" section?

colion, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Microsoft Account sign in preference :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Microsoft Account sign in preference

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Account sign in preference

1. Microsoft Account sign in preference - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account sign

2. Unable to change sign in preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change sign in preferences: Hello, I believe someone else has access to my account. When I try to change account sign in preferences I am sent to https://account.live.com/names/Manage . When I get there, my email is listed as the primary alias, but the letters are lighter and I am unable to change it in...
  3. Unable to change sign in preferences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change sign in preferences: Hello, I believe someone else has access to my account. When I try to change account sign in preferences I am sent to https://account.live.com/names/Manage . When I get there, my email is listed as the primary alias, but the letters are lighter and I am unable to change it in...
  4. Microsoft account sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account sign in: HiI recently upgraded my Toshiba L5000D PLAS to solid state drive with 8Gb DDR2. The new operating system is Windows 10 64 BIT, after previously operating on Windows 10 32BIT. I have signed into my Microsoft account but screen on start up has a pop up message - "can't sign...
  5. Sign in preferences

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in preferences: One of my programs will not let me sign in as an administrator. It tells me to change that in my windows settings. Where do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-preferences/2da5ef9b-af84-4727-b255-897ba08833df"
  6. signing in to a Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    signing in to a Microsoft account: What is the advantage of signing in to a Microsoft account when you start your windows 10 computer? 120390
  7. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  8. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  9. Sign-in Preferences

Sign-in Preferences: I have not gotten my head around Microsoft's Account settings and think I might have messed things up. I created a couple of outlook.com email aliases and then opened the "Change Sign-in Preferences" section where it suggests to only allow email addresses that are monitored....
  10. Change Sign-in Preferences of Microsoft Account Aliases

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Sign-in Preferences of Microsoft Account Aliases: How to: Change Sign-in Preferences of Microsoft Account Aliases How to Change Sign-in Preferences of your Microsoft Account Aliases [img] Information An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft sign in preferences

2. sign in preference microsoft

3. add sign in preference microsoft

4. sign in preference microsoft account,
  5. sign-in preferences microsoft,
  6. sign in preference in microsoft