Windows 10: Microsoft account sign in switched my main account

Discus and support Microsoft account sign in switched my main account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I opened the xbox companion app and switched my microsoft accounts. When I switched back on the companion app, for some reason it changed the microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by coryab, Oct 7, 2021.

1. coryab Win User

Microsoft account sign in switched my main account

I opened the xbox companion app and switched my microsoft accounts. When I switched back on the companion app, for some reason it changed the microsoft account my PC uses. This account is a child account that I don't have access to the e-mail for anymore. It is also a local account. It basically morphed all my data from my main microsoft account that I always use to my different microsoft account that is also a local account. I don't have a clue how this happened and everything I look up says to do things that aren't an option. When I add the microsoft account I've been using this whole time i

:)

coryab, Oct 7, 2021

2. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

Hello Wally, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like this is at step 7 in the tutorial below where it's asking you to enter your local account's password one last time.

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 7, 2021
  4. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Microsoft account sign in switched my main account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft account sign in switched my main account - Similar Threads - Microsoft account sign

2. Regarding my main Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding my main Microsoft account.: I had a microsoft account on the email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I had gone on vacation for two days. After two days when i came back on the microsoft account website it shows that you don't have a microsoft account. I haven't received any email saying...
  3. Regarding my main Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding my main Microsoft account.: I had a microsoft account on the email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I had gone on vacation for two days. After two days when i came back on the microsoft account website it shows that you don't have a microsoft account. I haven't received any email saying...
  4. Microsoft account sign in switched my main account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account sign in switched my main account: I opened the xbox companion app and switched my microsoft accounts. When I switched back on the companion app, for some reason it changed the microsoft account my PC uses. This account is a child account that I don't have access to the e-mail for anymore. It is also a local...
  5. Microsoft account sign in switched my main account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account sign in switched my main account: I opened the xbox companion app and switched my microsoft accounts. When I switched back on the companion app, for some reason it changed the microsoft account my PC uses. This account is a child account that I don't have access to the e-mail for anymore. It is also a local...
  6. Can't sign into main account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign into main account.: I created a guest account for my PC but when I turned on my computer again it didn't have option to click on my main account it just goes in my guest account and my main account is locked....
  7. Cannot switch to 'Sign in with Microsoft Account'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot switch to 'Sign in with Microsoft Account': I sign on with a local account and trying to switch to use a MS Account. Going to Settings -> Accounts and choose 'Sign in with Microsoft Account'. Using a Office365 account, I enter but it comes back with no account. I am able to sign on using portal.office.com. Any...
  8. Main Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main Microsoft account: I'm using a handy down windows 10 computer from a family member with an Microsoft account which is marked the main one It wont let me delete it from settings area. Is there a way around it to get rid of it and put my own on here instead of the first owner of this pc? Thx...
  9. Can't sign into Microsoft Store on main account, but can on other Windows accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign into Microsoft Store on main account, but can on other Windows accounts: I can't sign into my Microsoft account. I've switched my local account to a Microsoft account and made sure the Microsoft Account service is set to automatic. I've tried elevated powershell with the Get-AppxPackage commands for all windows apps. I've tried the troubleshooter...
  10. Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account: I switched my account to a local account and that seemed to mess up my Outlook app. I clicked Fix account, nothing happens. I try to sign in with Microsoft account in settings, a screen comes up and disappears immediately....