Windows 10: Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt

Discus and support Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is on a brand new system and device. When going to Settings > Sign In, the window opens up and closes before fully loading. For this reason, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by D. Scott1, Apr 24, 2024.

1. D. Scott1 Win User

Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt

This is on a brand new system and device. When going to Settings > Sign In, the window opens up and closes before fully loading. For this reason, I cannot sign into my Microsoft account. Included are some screenshots for reference:

:)

D. Scott1, Apr 24, 2024

2. Windows 10 Microsoft account sign in option prompt

Hi Jojo,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1:

• I suggest you to restore the power plans to default and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the following command in the Command Prompt window and press
      Enter.

powercfg –restoredefaultschemes

• Wait for process to complete.
    • Close the Command prompt window.
    Note: Resetting the power plan settings to default will delete all customized power plans.

If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

You can also follow the below steps to create a new user account.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Click on Add
      button and click on Sign in without a Microsoft account.

• Enter the user name, keep the password blank and follow the onscreen instruction.

Hope it helps. Please post in case you have any further issues, we will be glad to help you further.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Prompt to Sign-in With Microsoft Account Not Appearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
      Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If you can’t get there, skip to the next major step.
      • If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes
      • Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
      • Once in the Administrator account, open Regedit
        and go to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the desktop.
      • Then continue with step 4 below.
    • Use boot media to access the recovery command prompt.
      • Start Regedit.
      • Select the HKEY_USERS key.
      • Click File, Load Hive. and go up in the file system to This PC. Then browse to this file and then click Open:

C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT
      • When prompted, name it “def”
      • Select this key:

HKEY_USERS\def\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the C:\ drive.
    • Find the subkey under StoredIdentities that matches the name of the Microsoft Account.
    • Delete the key.
    • If you loaded the offline registry hive, go back up in the tree on the left and select “def”. Then click File,
      Unload hive. This option will only be available if “def” is selected.
    • Restart the PC and test sign-in.
    • Once done, you may need to Verify the account in Settings, Accounts in order for it to be fully usable in Windows again.
    • If you used the built-in Administrator account to resolve the issue, please return it to the default disabled state(net user administrator /active:no) to help keep the customer’s PC secure.

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Please let us know in the comments if you have additional findings.

Rohit Chettri, Apr 24, 2024
  4. Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt

1. Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Sign

2. Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt: This is on a brand new system and device. When going to Settings > Sign In, the window opens up and closes before fully loading. For this reason, I cannot sign into my Microsoft account. Included are some screenshots for reference:...
  3. Microsoft To Do immediately closes sign in window. Mail app don't sign to my account

Microsoft To Do immediately closes sign in window. Mail app don't sign to my account: Hello, I am trying to connect to my account via Microsoft To Do. However the sign in window immediately disappear after I click the Sign In button. I am trying to connect to my student business account. moreover, I am trying to link my student account to the Mail app in...
  4. Microsoft Grey Sign in Window Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Grey Sign in Window Closing: Good Afternoon,I am having issues with signing into any Microsoft account on windows apps such as Microsoft store, Microsoft to do and even when trying to change my windows account from a local one back to a Microsoft account in settings. The issue occurs when I click to sign...
  5. Microsoft Grey Sign in Window Closing

Microsoft Grey Sign in Window Closing: Good Afternoon,I am having issues with signing into any Microsoft account on windows apps such as Microsoft store, Microsoft to do and even when trying to change my windows account from a local one back to a Microsoft account in settings. The issue occurs when I click to sign...
  6. Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sign In Page Instantly Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Account Sign In Page Instantly Closing: Hi, I'm On Windows 10 And Just Switched To A New Computer. It Isn't A Prebuilt And Wasn't Upgraded From An Earlier Windows Version, Starting About 2 Weeks AgoAfter I Installed Sea Of Thieves From The Microsoft Store, I Haven't Been Able To Sign In To Any Microsoft Apps. The...
  7. Closing of Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Closing of Microsoft account: hi, I'm having Microsoft account having windows 10 purchased and installed on desktop. What will happen if I close my Microsoft account. Will my windows 10 support won't be there? Please explain in brief....
  8. Can't sign in to Microsoft Account because of gibberish prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't sign in to Microsoft Account because of gibberish prompt: I can't sign in to Microsoft Account because after selecting an account to sign in, this window shows up instead of proper login so I can't do anything. This happened on Edge and when I click on Verify identity in Settings > Your Info. Any ideas? [ATTACH]...
  9. Closing Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closing Microsoft Account: So my last microsoft account got hacked so I closed it but it is also the account that I used to set up my laptop. Is there anything I need to do before it gets deleted???...
  10. Closing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Closing Microsoft account: I'm switching internet provider shortly. My Microsoft account was created with provider based email address, like xxx@provider. I will be closing this account shortly and from what I've read, when you close your Microsoft account, you also delete any emails, files and One...