Windows 10: Microsoft account still locked after 2 hours. no option to sign in another way for 2 days

Discus and support Microsoft account still locked after 2 hours. no option to sign in another way for 2 days in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11 - I have tried to use administrator to unlock but there is no option to unlock ? No tab for Sign in another way, i forgot my pin and cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jyde_stealth, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Microsoft account still locked after 2 hours. no option to sign in another way for 2 days

Windows 11 - I have tried to use administrator to unlock but there is no option to unlock ? No tab for Sign in another way, i forgot my pin and cannot change sign in threshold as its not available for my version. We have waited the 2 hours. Tried the challenge password and still no joy. What do we do now. Help please!

:)

Jyde_stealth, Jul 21, 2022
  2. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Jul 21, 2022
  3. Cannot sign into microsoft account with Window 10 apps.

Hi Lyra,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Have you receive any error, when trying to Login using Microsoft Account on your system?

• Have you changed the password of your Microsoft Account/
    I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Change the language on the lock Screen.

Follow the below steps:

• Click the language on the bottom of the lock screen.

• Select the English language and click Ok.

• Put your password now and check if you are able to login.
    If the language option is not available on the bottom of o lock screen, then try method 2.

Method 2: Use On Screen Keyboard.

Follow the below steps;

• Click on the Ease of access icon on the bottom of lock screen.

• Select the On Screen Keyboard.

• Type your password through On Screen Keyboard.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 21, 2022
  4. Microsoft account still locked after 2 hours. no option to sign in another way for 2 days

TPM lockout for 2 hours

Why do I get TPM locked out of Windows 10 for two hours with error "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again." after entering wrong PIN too many times? There is no option to sign in with Microsoft account password on Windows 10 v2004 since it requires Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts. I had to wait two hours for the lockout to expire and if I get one more incorrect pin attempt I get locked out again for another two hours. Is there a way to reset the TPM 2.0 lockout on Windows 10 v2004. The TPM lockout makes the computer unusable for the next two hours. I have an ASUS motherboard and an ASUS TPM-M R2.0 module plugged into the motherboard TPM connector.

Keith Weisshar, Jul 21, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft account still locked after 2 hours. no option to sign in another way for 2 days

1. Microsoft account still locked after 2 hours. no option to sign in another way for 2 days - Similar Threads - Microsoft account still

2. Sign in after 2 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in after 2 hours: I am not able to access my laptop after the recent update as my screen goes black. I did the bios screen after pressing F9 and power button to make it default as per the guidelines said in the Microsoft community help webpage. After that, i am not able to sign in and asks me...
  3. Sign in after 2 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in after 2 hours: I am not able to access my laptop after the recent update as my screen goes black. I did the bios screen after pressing F9 and power button to make it default as per the guidelines said in the Microsoft community help webpage. After that, i am not able to sign in and asks me...
  4. "This sign in option is disabled" won't go away after 2 hours?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "This sign in option is disabled" won't go away after 2 hours?: A week or two ago I typed in the password to my laptop incorrectly too many times, and was given an error message saying:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on...
  5. "This sign in option is disabled" won't go away after 2 hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This sign in option is disabled" won't go away after 2 hours?: A week or two ago I typed in the password to my laptop incorrectly too many times, and was given an error message saying:"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on...
  6. "This sign in option is disabled" won't go away after 2 hours?

7. Windows locked for 2 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows locked for 2 hours: Hey, I have notebook with windows 11 installed. I am using each 2-3 weeks at the weekend. Or atleast i want to use it but i can't.Ntb is just sitting in a bag for 2-3 weeks and battery dies. When i want to use it i can't. It is locked for 2 hours when i want to use PIN. There...
  8. Windows locked for 2 hours

Windows locked for 2 hours: Hey, I have notebook with windows 11 installed. I am using each 2-3 weeks at the weekend. Or atleast i want to use it but i can't.Ntb is just sitting in a bag for 2-3 weeks and battery dies. When i want to use it i can't. It is locked for 2 hours when i want to use PIN. There...
  9. Sign-in option disabled - still after 4 hours

Sign-in option disabled - still after 4 hours: The sign-in disabled message came up when I tried to log in for the first time in over 2 weeks. This has happened before so I simply plugged device into charger and left it for 2 hours then tried again, same message…so I left it another hour, same again! It’s now been 4 hours...
  10. Microsoft account still locked after 2 hours. no option to sign in another way for 2 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account still locked after 2 hours. no option to sign in another way for 2 days: Windows 11 - I have tried to use administrator to unlock but there is no option to unlock ? No tab for Sign in another way, i forgot my pin and cannot change sign in threshold as its not available for my version. We have waited the 2 hours. Tried the challenge password and...