Windows 10: Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?

Discus and support Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bapethoven [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bapethoven, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?

/u/bapethoven, Jul 13, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

If I'm following along, there are no accounts listed under Email and Accounts in settings. Then I think Helmut suggests, and I'm paraphrasing, the account should first be in Mail.

Could you add the gmaill account to Mail and then follow Helmut's post.

Caledon Ken, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?

Microsoft account Sign in option under user account is not working

Hi NAvneet.

Many thanks for your help. But this didn't work.

Should I try the below procedure. Someone has suggested this method to similar query in other thread. Pls suggest:

Please follow the steps to enable the build in administrator and check if it helps:

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
      Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If you can’t get there, skip to the next major step.
      • If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes
      • Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
      • Once in the Administrator account, open Regedit
        and go to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the desktop.
      • Then continue with step 4 below.
    • Use boot media to access the recovery command prompt.
      • Start Regedit.
      • Select the HKEY_USERS key.
      • Click File, Load Hive. and go up in the file system to This PC. Then browse to this file and then click Open:

C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT
      • When prompted, name it “def”
      • Select this key:

HKEY_USERS\def\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the C:\ drive.
    • Find the subkey under StoredIdentities that matches the name of the Microsoft Account.
    • Delete the key.
    • If you loaded the offline registry hive, go back up in the tree on the left and select “def”. Then click File,
      Unload hive. This option will only be available if “def” is selected.
    • Restart the PC and test sign-in.
    • Once done, you may need to Verify the account in Settings, Accounts in order for it to be fully usable in Windows again.
    • If you used the built-in Administrator account to resolve the issue, please return it to the default disabled state to help keep the Computer secure. To do so follow the steps:
      net user administrator /active:no
    Please create a new administrator account using the Microsoft Account and check.

Shobhitjain2005, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?

1. Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account stuck

2. Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”: I have a Microsoft surface laptop. I use it with both my personal and university Microsoft accounts. However at some point, one of my children logged in with their school account, and now I cannot remove it from my computer. It is causing the following issue:When you open...
  3. Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”: I have a Microsoft surface laptop. I use it with both my personal and university Microsoft accounts. However at some point, one of my children logged in with their school account, and now I cannot remove it from my computer. It is causing the following issue:When you open...
  4. Removing account used by other apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing account used by other apps.: I am trying to remove an old work account from my personal PC. I no longer work where I used to and cannot log into that account. How to I remove the account?...
  5. Setting up a second account under "Accounts used by other apps"

Setting up a second account under "Accounts used by other apps": I went to try to add my gmail account under "Accounts used by other apps". Is there a way to use my gmail account and not my Microsoft account under "Accounts used by other apps"? I never use Microsoft account. Sandy...
  6. Deleting account under 'Accounts used by other apps'

Deleting account under 'Accounts used by other apps': I keep getting notifications that there is a problem with one of my accounts. It was my school account from college. I want to remove it but when I go to manage it and sign in. I just get an access denied error after I sign in. I just want this account removed from my...
  7. Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bapethoven [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqohsj/microsoft_account_stuck_under_accounts_used_by/
  8. Remove Microsoft Account in Accounts used by other apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Microsoft Account in Accounts used by other apps: I've accidently associated another Microsoft Account to my Local Administrator user account on Windows 10 and it doesn't let me remove it. There's no Remove button and I don't understand the reason. I go to Change Account Settings > Email & Accounts > Account used by other...
  9. Cannot remove "work or school account" under "accounts used by other apps"

Cannot remove "work or school account" under "accounts used by other apps": I added my school Microsoft account to my PC, but have since left the school, so my school account has been permanently disabled. However, it still shows up under accounts used by other apps. My PC gives me daily notifications about how "problem with shared experiences...
  10. Need to remove an account in "Accounts used by other apps"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to remove an account in "Accounts used by other apps": I still have an inactive (deleted) account that I need to get rid of in Window10. "10" occasionally wants me to log into it and then tells me the account doesn't exist. It doesn't and I want to delete it from Windows 10...