Windows 10: Microsoft account to use skype

Discus and support Microsoft account to use skype in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, On Setptember 13th, I create a new Microsoft account to use Skype. It asked me my phone number, in which I received a code. Then I create the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MA1_598, Sep 16, 2018.

1. MA1_598 Win User

Microsoft account to use skype

Hi,

On Setptember 13th, I create a new Microsoft account to use Skype. It asked me my phone number, in which I received a code. Then I create the Skype account.

In the next day, I tried to login using that account in Microsoft and it told me that it didnt recognized my email. Which is weird because I use Skype with that new account. And I can not also use the Skype account.

Other thing I found weird was, in the perfil of the Skype account, my phone number appeared instaed of the email.

What should I do?

Is this strange activity?

[Moved from: Windows 10 / Microsoft Store]

:)

MA1_598, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Xudan Win User

Unable to Sign in to Skype Using Microsoft Account

First of all, sorry as I don't know where exactly this topic should go to...But I'm really annoyed by the problem with my Skype.

BACKGROUND INFO:

• Operating System: Windows 10 x64, without any third-party antivirus software.
    • Skype version is 7.7.0.103 and Help->Check for Update tells me it's the latest version.
    • My Microsoft account (which is an @outlook.com email address) is working well: now I can still sign into any other Microsoft services (including my Windows 10 operating system) and websites without any problem.
    • Two Step Verification is turned on for my Microsoft account.

DESCRIPTION:

• I was able to sign in at Skype using the same Microsoft account just minutes ago.
    • After upgrading Skype software, I tried to sign in as usual. But after entering password and verification code (for two-step verification), Skype (or the Microsoft login interface) told me "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again".
    • I tried again, again and again, but got the same result.
    • I tried to 1) change my password; 2) turn off two-step verification, but neither works for me.
    • I tried to 1) uninstall/reinstall Skype; 2) Remove Skype configurations on my computer; 3) login to Skype using my Microsoft account on another computer, but got the same result--so this is probably not computer-specific.
    • I tried to change to another wifi hotspot but still no good.
    • I tried to login on my computer using my friend's Microsoft account, and YES the account can log in.

I need to login to my Skype as I've got hundreds of contacts there...Is there any ways to resolve the issue? Anyone can help? If needed I can provide you my MSFT account via private message.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Xudan, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Why are Skype accounts getting hacked so easily?

Read more: Why are Skype accounts getting hacked so easily? - The Verge

Brink, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Mark_W. Win User

Skype on Windows Phone 7.x with an upgraded Messenger Account

Hello GarthMoodie:

Thank you for your reply and your patience. Over the past few days I have been doing some additional work on this and found that you should be able to get this to work on your phone. You may have some steps to take to get an account that works, but when
    all is said and done you should be able to sign into the Skype client and have your messenger contacts added to the Skype account.

What I have gathered from Skype is that when the messenger account is upgraded, a temporary Skype account/Id is created. This leads to the issues signing into the Skype application, as you cannot sign in with your Microsoft account but need a Skypename
    and password. What needs to be done is the following.

• Sign into Skype | Communication tool for free calls and chat with the Microsoft account that was associated with your messenger account.
    • Once you are signed in, click on the Skype name in the upper right corner and then click on account settings.
    • Here you should see a list of your accounts. You should notice there is no option to change the password for your Skype account, this looks to be the issue as this temporary account does not seem to have a password associated with it. Below the Skype
      account section you should see your Microsoft account listed.
    • Next you will unlink the Microsoft account from this Skype account. This will prompt you to close this Skype account, click continue.
    • Once you have this account closed you will go back to Skype.com and create a new account. During this process you will be prompted to create a new Skypename and password.

Once you have created this new account you will merge your existing Microsoft account to the new Skype account.

To merge a Skype and a Microsoft account:

• Start Skype.
    • Click Microsoft account .
    • Enter your Microsoft email and password. Check Sign me in when Skype starts
      if you want to sign in automatically with your Microsoft account every time you are starting Skype.
    • Click Sign in.
    • If you are already using Skype, click I have a Skype account
      to sign in with your Skype account. If you do not have a Skype account, click
      I’m new to Skype to sign in with your Microsoft account.
    The final steps to complete the merge are as follows:

Skype starts searching the matching account and you will have the following options:

• If you see your Skype account, just click it, then enter your Skype account password, and click
      Sign in .
    • If your Skype account is not listed or if you want to use another account, click
      Use a different account , then enter your Skype Name, password and click
      Sign in .
    • If no match is found, you are directed to a Skype sign-in window. Just enter your Skype Name, password and click
      Sign in .
    • Then click Continue .
    When you merge your Skype and Microsoft accounts:

• You have one unified contact list to get in touch with your Skype, Messenger and Facebook contacts directly from Skype
    • You can view your chat history with your Skype contacts on any device
    Your Microsoft account contacts will appear within your Skype contact list, and your Skype contacts will be displayed within your Microsoft account contacts.

If you have the same contact in both your Skype contact list and your Microsoft account (Messenger) contact list, they will appear twice in you Skype contact list.

Please let us know how this works for you and if you have any other questions or concerns,

Mark W.

Mark_W., Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft account to use skype - Similar Threads - Microsoft account skype

2. Combining Microsoft and Skype account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combining Microsoft and Skype account: I just set up my new PC running Windows 10. It asked for my MS account or Skype name, I entered my Skype name. Now it often asks for my email address. I enter the email address associated with my MS account. I cannot go further, because I get the error message that the email...
  3. Microsoft teams cannot use the webcam but Skype can

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft teams cannot use the webcam but Skype can: I tried everything to be found in the web but it didn't resolve the issue. BTW, my computer is a Dell Inspiron of 2019 Oct Make with integrated webcam....
  4. Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts merger: Hello team, I hope you can help me out. Back in time I had created different Skype accounts for work purposes. Since now, Skype accounts and Microsoft accounts are the same thing, I have a number of duplicate accounts mainly because the Microsoft accounts were directly...
  5. Skype account blocked.

Skype account blocked.: I still have credit showing, but I can't dial out on any saved number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-account-blocked/6d661a2f-63cb-4212-86be-1a09c5d5174a
  6. Connecting a apple device to your microsoft account with skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting a apple device to your microsoft account with skype: basically, i'm trying to play minecraft on a apple product with the windows 10 version. when i try to install it, it says i don't have any "applicable devices" ... so i tried to add a device to my microsoft account. one of the ways to add a apple device is with skype. so i...
  7. Skype Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Skype Account: I can't get into my skype account. I get a message saying "something is wrong" and referring me to account.live.com. I have a MS account and password and everything seems ok apart from skype. what should I do...
  8. SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account

SKYPE NAME: Incorrect SKYPE name linked to Microsoft Personal Account: Hi, I have tried to connect via the WIN10 get help app and could not get a call-back or chat to a customer service rep today when I needed them. I have the following problem: 1. I have a HOME Microsoft account (O365 subscription) which is linked to (I must have linked...
  9. skype using resources

in Windows 10 Customization
    skype using resources: Hi, I will appreciate any help. I do not use skype, have not activated or subscribed to skype, yet occasionally I notice heavy use of resources by this app and its associated files, enough to slow down my pc. Why?...
  10. Microsoft account makes it easier for families to connect on Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft account makes it easier for families to connect on Skype: Keeping in touch with family members—whether you live in the same city or are in different parts of the world—can be tough. If you’re juggling busy schedules or conflicting time zones, it can be hard to bring everyone together. Today, we’re launching a new feature within your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use the skype app in windowsphone and how to create the skype account