Windows 10: Microsoft account took over another pc

Discus and support Microsoft account took over another pc in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; when i was logging into another pc as family organizer my microsoft account took over that pc replacing the old user's data/email with mine i can still... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Holzeils, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Holzeils Win User

Microsoft account took over another pc

when i was logging into another pc as family organizer my microsoft account took over that pc replacing the old user's data/email with mine i can still access all the files the old user has but how do i change the email and give it back to the original user?

:)

Holzeils, Jul 13, 2020
  2. pparks1 Win User

OneDrive - Another over complicated product from Microsoft?

I recreated what I think you wanted on a virtual machine, in a very straightforward way. Here are my steps.

Step 1: Launch OneDrive for the first time. Click on the option at bottom to change the default location for my OneDrive to a second hard drive on my system. (if you already have oneDrive setup, go to settings and choose Unlink account to get back to this point).

Microsoft account took over another pc [​IMG]

Step #2. Create a OneDrive folder on my E:\ drive, and select it.

Step #3. Go into newly created E:\OneDrive and create folders for Desktop, Documents and Pictures.

Step #4. Go to C:\users\user\{Desktop,Documents,Pictuers} and move them to your new E:\OneDrive\{Desktop,Documents,Pictuers}

Step #5. Run a test, using Quick access area, create a test file on the desktop folder.

Step #6. Now, go to E:\OneDrive\Desktop and verify that the file is really there

Step #7. Ensure the right folders are checked to Sync

Step #8. Optionally untick the Files on Demand feature to make 100% sure that the files are actually stored on your hard drive.

Seems pretty easy to me.

pparks1, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Account took over my PC Administrator rights

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with entering the password before log-in to the computer. We will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that it is by design you will have to enter a password to log-in as an Administrator account with Microsoft account. Local accounts can be used without entering the password.

This feature is being implemented to make more secure with the user profiles.

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article about: Help with Microsoft account

Also, Sign in with a Microsoft account

If you are not comfort to enter long letters of password, you
    may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings menu.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • Click on Add under PIN.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.
    • Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Hip3zioed Win User

Windows 10 Microsoft Account took over my PC Administrator rights

Thank you for your input re: may also create 4 digit Pin by Deepika G on April 10 2016

This is what you said: This feature is being implemented to make more secure with the user profiles.

Are you speaking of a Microsoft Account here or just Windows user account?

Also I may not have written very well but one of my questions was, Is there any benefit to using a Microsoft Account to login in just to use your PC for everyday use, and if yes what are the benefits?

Hip3zioed, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft account took over another pc - Similar Threads - Microsoft account took

2. Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting: Hello there Yesterday I joined a Microsoft teams meeting using my MacBook. An hour into the meeting, I was “kicked out” as the meeting my log in was transferred to another device.I had all my other devices with me my mobile phone of which Teams was on offload mode on it hence...
  3. Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting: Hello there Yesterday I joined a Microsoft teams meeting using my MacBook. An hour into the meeting, I was “kicked out” as the meeting my log in was transferred to another device.I had all my other devices with me my mobile phone of which Teams was on offload mode on it hence...
  4. Unknown device took over my Microsoft Teams meeting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Malware took over administrator properties

Malware took over administrator properties: It has added itself own in windows defender exclusions... Can't remove it from there... And I'm not able to install any other Antivirus, It says "program blocked by administrator - contact your administrator"I can't even open "Program data" Folder.. It closes automatically......
  6. Malware took over administrator properties

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware took over administrator properties: It has added itself own in windows defender exclusions... Can't remove it from there... And I'm not able to install any other Antivirus, It says "program blocked by administrator - contact your administrator"I can't even open "Program data" Folder.. It closes automatically......
  7. Microsoft account took over old man account user in windows 11 sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account took over old man account user in windows 11 sign in: Trying to sign in to my pc, initial sign in screen comes with old user MS Account name, and when I click on sign in, it pops up another window with another new ms account user name sign in this account was created a day before on same machine with the old user signed in on...
  8. Microsoft account took over old man account user in windows 11 sign in

Microsoft account took over old man account user in windows 11 sign in: Trying to sign in to my pc, initial sign in screen comes with old user MS Account name, and when I click on sign in, it pops up another window with another new ms account user name sign in this account was created a day before on same machine with the old user signed in on...
  9. connecting pc as a device on another microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    connecting pc as a device on another microsoft account: I downloaded Minecraft java before 2018 and thus got the game minecraft for windows for free. Now the issue is, my pc is running on a different microsoft acount my university account which lets us have windows 10 for free. I was wondering if there is any way I can still...
  10. My Son Accidentally Took Over Main Admin Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My Son Accidentally Took Over Main Admin Account: I have a Windows 10 PC. I must not have had any email account associated with the PC. I had a name on the account but never linked it to a Microsoft account. Today, my young son logged into Windows and somehow ignorantly "took over" the account, so now all my files and...